My brother-in law asked me for advice due to the quality of the photos taken by his iPhone4.
    The biggest problem seems to be the almost eerie way in which the eyes show up.
    These photos are unedited:
    Properties are: Size: 1.5 MB
    Dimensions: 54 by 72 cm
    Bit depth 8
    Resolution 72 ppi
    I was concerned about the exposure F stop: 2.8; speed 1/15s and the ISO 800
    The Exif does indicate does indicate that the flash fired.
    The picture in itself is a bit blurry (probably due to the settings), but the pupils of the eyes are too white.

The second picture:
    F 2.8; speed 1/15sec; ISO 640; 72 ppi
    Flash fired. Dimensions 17 by 22 cm.

The settings above are very bad- is there any way one can change this or has someone got a solution to the problem? I will pass answers on to him.
    Thanks

(As I do not have 10 posts, I was requested to remove the photos. Please send a pm and I will give you my email address)
    01-04-2011 03:49 AM
    Exorcism...it's your only outlet im afraid. It looks like someone is possessed.

...really though, there are not settings you can actually mess with, but there are dozens of photo apps that give you adjustment control on basic elements, which MIGHT help but will prob just mask your issue instead of actually fixing it.
    01-04-2011 09:26 AM
    Yes, I had it that there were no settings, but the results that he gets with a flash are absolutely no good.
    01-04-2011 10:04 AM
    Forgot to mention-is there a dedicated apple site, that does not belong to apple?
    01-04-2011 10:07 AM
    Macrumors...

As far as the flash results, i've never experienced your scenario, and i've taken hundreds of pics with the iPhone 4 camera with "flash". The flash is so insignificant that i rarely use it anymore though, i try to adjust room lighting instead and use HDR.
    01-04-2011 10:26 AM
    Will try to forward to Apple.
    01-04-2011 10:35 AM
    I am in the same camp as Sean .. I just adjust the room lighting, the flash really doesn't make that much of a difference IMO. It does however make for a great flashlight ;-)
    01-04-2011 11:05 AM
    Hi

At least there is some sort of a solution. I will feed back to him.

Just a pity that this would happen- Apple should know. (If one looks at the metadata of the photos, they are way out- this will cause blurring, noise, etc)
    01-04-2011 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD