I have been trying to restore my iphone from backup for the past day with issues.

I am on a PC with the latest version of itunes. I have a 3gs 32GB.

I wanted to update the OS on my phone. I did a backup and connected to itunes.

I have restored the phone about 10 times since last night. It completes the restore, then starts sync and re-install all info. I have a 32GB that is about 3/4 full, so the sync should take a while. It runs for about 5 mins, then I get an error message that says itunes has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes 4 times. Making sure I delte all files, then reboot the PC

I still get this error message. I have even tried to restore from an older backup file and I get the same issues.

anyone else having syncing/backup issues with itunes?
    01-02-2011 07:48 PM
    Try restoring as new, and then restore to a backup.
    01-02-2011 08:37 PM
    Try restoring as new, and then restore to a backup.

I restored as new, it is locking up when I am trying to reload my music and apps

ok, this really has me stumped.

itunes keeps locking up during my sync. It seems to work fine with my wifes and my daughters phone.

I am in the process of syncing on my laptop, seems to be fine. The only problem is that my 60GB of music is not on my laptop.

I deleted my backup files, but itunes still locks during sync with my phone on the desktop.

I think I have deleted everything, what am I missing? deleted and reinstalled itunes, deleted backup files. what am I missing
    01-02-2011 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD