I've noticed my i4 has been moving kinda slow on certain things lately. When I try to open a folder of apps, it'll be a good 3-4 second delay before it opens. What's worse is when I hold down apps to move/delete them, and then hit the home button to make em stop jiggling, it takes more than 5 seconds for that to happen. I know that's not A LOT of time, but compared to the instantaneous way it operated only a week ago when I got the phone, it's kind of annoying.

Edit: rebooted phone and got the "snap" back. I feel kinda dumb that I didnt try that tO begin with.
    Last edited by JonMark; 01-02-2011 at 03:55 AM.
    01-02-2011 03:34 AM
    I had the same issue on my iPad. Revolted and it worked.

I still dint buy the apps run in the background on a low powered state. I still remove the ones I'm not using.
    01-02-2011 10:21 AM
    I had the same issue on my iPad. Revolted and it worked.

I still dint buy the apps run in the background on a low powered state. I still remove the ones I'm not using.
    You revolted? Viva La Revolution!
    01-02-2011 12:23 PM
    I have noticed that I have to reboot every few days to keep it snappy. Only app that stays slow is the camera app, is it just me or is the camera app slow? I remember camera loading up faster on older iOS versions.
    01-03-2011 07:26 AM
    I also face low responsive applications mainly while attempting to chat online. No issue of low battery but it remains same either battery is fully charged.
    01-03-2011 08:20 AM
    There has deff been a decrease in performance over the last week or so on my wife's, she asked me if i installed something on it because it was acting up, and she said she's having to reboot to get it back to normal once a day...
    01-03-2011 09:02 AM
    i have not had any issues with speed or performance as of yet. of course having sbsettings helps monitor unnecessary items running in the background. i'm kind of a speed ***** i try to leave the rebooting to a last resort.

you may want to try an app called XSysInfo that is available in the App Store. it appears it does the same job like sbsettings would but you would not have to be jailbroken, of course

XSysInfo - device booster for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    01-03-2011 09:51 AM
    I've noticed it takes a few seconds to open apps, settings, whatever. I guess i'll be getting the iphone 4GS this year :P
    01-03-2011 09:53 AM
    I've noticed it takes a few seconds to open apps, settings, whatever. I guess i'll be getting the iphone 4GS this year :P
    haha! honestly, does it need to be any faster??

maybe it's the fact that i came from the 3G but my iP4 is lightning quick!
    01-03-2011 01:04 PM
    I had trouble with something on my 4 a few months ago (can't remember the exact problem now). Called Apple support and asked about rebooting to try and resolve the issue. The tech said I could try that, but I shouldn't reboot too often. She said it could cause problems if rebooted too often. Anybody else heard anything like that before?
    01-03-2011 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD