Actually, I do expect the functions to work on my products. I didn't miss anything and I am thankful to have found out before I did need it because I don't set multiple alarms. If my alarm has always worked before, I assume it will work now. I used to really love this forum, but it's becoming quite nasty and I just don't think all that is necessary. It's just about sharing information. All the judgement and rude remarks are really unnecessary. I would like to know about how to fix it or when apple will fix it and yes, I expect Apple to fix their device. The alarm feature is supposed to work.
    01-02-2011 11:06 AM
    @smlk

I'll agree with you. I expect it to work too. It has always worked for me and I was not effected by the dst bug. It's does suck that the bug is there. But what bothers me is people whine and cry about it like this is gonna or should ruin apple. Like apple is a ****ty company because something has went wrong. At least the iPhone isn't sending text messages to the wrong contacts like I have read android phones are doing. It's an alarm clock and while I realize people use it to wake them up, I do as well, I highly doubt if you had a standard alarm clock that stopped working one night, that you guys would be complaining to the level that you are now
    01-02-2011 12:08 PM
    **** happens. Yes I understand you expect things to work, but in the world of tech there will always be some problem. No tech company is prefect.
    JasonG likes this.
    01-02-2011 12:27 PM
    That only affects some android phones. But I recall the antenna issue being a lot worse, or even the white iPhone.
    01-02-2011 12:30 PM
    Haha the white iPhone. Lmao

Antennagate. Only thing that bothers me about this phone.

Didn't know that about the android phones, i just read something about it briefly at 9 to 5 Mac i believe. And glad to see im not the only level headed person in this world
    01-02-2011 12:56 PM
    Chris, how much could we, as a forum, put together to make you just leave?
    01-02-2011 01:04 PM
    Chris and Sean, you two do nothing but bicker with eachother.

Sean, you seem to like to instigate issues. If you don't want to hear or see what Chris has to say, then block him in control panel and hide his posts. That is what the feature is there for. If I see bickering again that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, a vacation from the forums may be in order. I'm not giving another warning to anyone.
    Smlk likes this.
    01-02-2011 02:37 PM
    Wall Street Journal This Morning reported on the iPhone alarm failure this morning. Big news! ;-)
    01-03-2011 06:56 AM
    It's fixed now. So everyone can get over it and move on
    BLiNK likes this.
    01-03-2011 11:37 AM
    Not for everyone. Reports still show there are still issues for many. 300 billion dollar market cap and no clue how to make a properly functioning clock.
    01-03-2011 11:39 AM
    mine worked for me this morning (non repeat)

kinda bummed 'cause it was going to be my excuse to be late to work
    JasonG likes this.
    01-03-2011 11:51 AM
    Mine didn't work this morning, but then again I really didn't need to get up early and the extra sleep was needed. I'll try it again in the morning but will have my regular alarm set too because I do have to be up tomorrow. Surely Apple can figure this out by Wednesday...
    01-03-2011 09:19 PM
    well, then you guys are aware of it, set it up as a repeating alarm or use a different alarm?

i understand the frustration here, but i mean come on, people are throwing giant hissy fits about what is really a little feature of the phone
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    01-03-2011 11:15 PM
    BTW, happy new year! But the problem in alarm clock was really annoying.
    01-04-2011 02:02 AM
    Today may be differentI think the alarms had to be SET on or after the third for them to work. In other words, people who set one at 11:30pm on the 2nd to go off on the morning of the 3rd may have still had problems.
    01-04-2011 08:26 AM
    well, then you guys are aware of it, set it up as a repeating alarm or use a different alarm?

i understand the frustration here, but i mean come on, people are throwing giant hissy fits about what is really a little feature of the phone
    Why shouldn't they? It's a feature of the phone, it may be a feature they see PURE value in vs. your view of it being an insignificant feature. People rely on their alarm clocks to wake them up, how is this alarm clock different from a regular alarm clock? They serve the exact same function, this one just happens to be tied to ANOTHER product that we use more than our own mouths sometimes...in that, the alarm clock on such is a pretty valuable tool, and one that im sure a majority of iPhone users take advantage of at one time or another.

And then it breaks, and people complain because they use it for the function it expressly says it serves...why be critical of their complaints? Support them...being critical of the consumer is like putting blame on a victim of robbery or something, telling them what they COULD have done to avoid it...instead of supporting them and blaming the thief...in this case, Apple dropped the ball, and people were mad...Apple is to blame, and should let us know what happened and what they did to fix it...

Also, mine is working fine again now.
    01-04-2011 09:20 AM
    Some people are getting carried away with it. They expect the phone to be perfect and as soon as something goes wrong its "this phone sucks apples going down apple sucks apple almost got me fired because i was late for work." I just think people need to relax a little bit. Being mad about it is understandable but people are enraged about what is really a small issue in the big picture of things. And I think it's just because people expect so much out of the iPhone that when something goes wrong with it they get madder than normal. Their over critical about it because they expect it to be perfect in every way
    01-04-2011 11:18 AM
    Some people are getting carried away with it. They expect the phone to be perfect and as soon as something goes wrong its "this phone sucks apples going down apple sucks apple almost got me fired because i was late for work." I just think people need to relax a little bit. Being mad about it is understandable but people are enraged about what is really a small issue in the big picture of things. And I think it's just because people expect so much out of the iPhone that when something goes wrong with it they get madder than normal. Their over critical about it because they expect it to be perfect in every way
    This is what happens with a product that people are truly passionate about...take cars for example, if you go out and buy a bottom barrel Honda Civic, and you have a problem with the radio, you take it in and have it serviced and probably go "Dammit, this sucks...", if you just bought a brand new Ferrari 458 though, and the radio dies...you're probably going to be alot more upset, and you'll most likely go to further lengths to make others aware of this as well.

The same can be said with this because not only are these phones quite expensive and problems that happen within them are not as "assumed" as they would be with a cheaper phone...but also because Apple has, to this point, been fairly flawless with their releases, and then with the iPhone 4, they've shown some mortality...some flaw. People who both LOVE and HATE Apple will capitalize on this, it's simple human nature.

Not to mention that now, with the 4th generation iPhone, it is basically the standard of the market...and with more people owning iPhones, obviously the rate and frequency of complaints will drastically increase.
    01-04-2011 12:52 PM
    yea, people expect everything to be perfect. nothing ever will be perfect.

so how many people are gonna ditch their iphone cause of this?
    01-04-2011 01:08 PM
    me too, it's a funny story like Y2K event
    01-04-2011 11:51 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD