I'll be traveling to Taiwan to be exact. Any suggestion? I understand that the only way to get a local sim card to work is to jailbreak my IP4. How do i go about getting a local sim? Please share your experience.

Thanks
    12-29-2010 11:06 AM
    There will be thousands of places to go to purchase a local sim once you arrive. The jailbreak/unlock may be your sticking point now depending on what version of the os and baseband you're on. Double check the sticky threads in the jailbreak forum to see if your iPhone can even be unlocked at this point.

Where in Taiwan are you going? I used to live in Taichung. Fabulous country!
    12-29-2010 12:41 PM
    I'll be going to Taipei with my family, taking my 6 months old baby to see my wife's grandmother (she's 90+). My IP4 has been updated to the latest version of os and baseband, so it looks like i'm out of luck for now.
    12-29-2010 01:03 PM
    I'm guessing you're from the US? you're not out of luck just buy a 3G or 3Gs online. The 3G can be had for pocket lint but even the 3Gs is not that expensive. You can then JB and unlock it, and it's alot easier to get a SIM compared to a microSIM for the iP4.
    12-29-2010 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD