As most have said before, I didn't fall into the whole "Retina Display" thing at first... .
    Wanting more resolution did seem to fall on deaf ears before Apple even uttered the word "retina." Even the Palm Pre's screen looked much sharper compared to the 3GS as the Pre had more colors and ppi.

Even better than actually getting the "retina" display is that Apple raised the bar for everyone else to expect or want better resolution. It's pretty common to see that as one of the features most desired on the ipad 2.
    12-29-2010 10:57 AM
    Everyones got to do there own thing..I wouldn't knock the decision, personally I'll stick with my 4. But who are you trying to convince that the 3GS is better in anyway than the 4, with tethering, etc. If your short of money, ergo.. But it's still a step back. Personally I'll skip the 5th addition and wait for the 6th like before with my 3G. All the best though kid.
    12-29-2010 12:30 PM
    Everyones got to do there own thing..I wouldn't knock the decision, personally I'll stick with my 4. But who are you trying to convince that the 3GS is better in anyway than the 4, with tethering, etc. If your short of money, ergo.. But it's still a step back. Personally I'll skip the 5th addition and wait for the 6th like before with my 3G. All the best though kid.
    lol...what? I don't recall saying the 3GS was better at ANY POINT in this thread, my words specifically pointed out that i was getting better speeds with the 3GS tethering vs. the iPhone 4 (this could come down to location, network conditions, etc etc)...so many variables that there was never even a hint at me saying the iphone 4 was the fault of the slower speed, i was simply pointing out what i was experiencing there "kid".

Had nothing to do with being short on money...i wanted the money and a larger memory iPhone, the solution was to get a 3GS with more memory and pocket the left overs. Not real hard to understand here, and i was never trying to say i was unhappy with the iPhone 4...in fact, if i knew i would pull the same kind of money in closer to the iphone 5 release, i would have waited and done it then, but common sense tells us that wont happen, and that the Xmas hype was going to yield more profit...basic math here.

Perhaps going back and actually reading what i put would provide clarity for you, as the only reason i even sold it in the first place was because of the value pre-Xmas vs. selling it later for a lesser amount.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 12-29-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    12-29-2010 12:43 PM
    Actually, i had a credit with eBay for a free auction (from a mistake they made a while back that cost me a buyer), so i had zero ebay fees and the paypal fee was like $18 or something, sooooo...i didn't think it was relevant because i was just pointing out the current online sales value by quoting what i made.

The funny thing is that since i got the 3GS, my wife has been going crazy because she wanted a white iPhone 4, and since she's not nearly as tech savvy as i consider myself to be, she's been bugging me to sell her iPhone and get her one like mine, i told her to give me another week with the 3GS and i may trade her straight up for her iP4 if i find the 3GS to be lesser of a phone...so far though, it aint happening.
    Come on if not for yourself do it for your Wife like I said the iPhone is a Want not a Need and no matter what everyone says I don't fault anyone for taking one over the other. I've got my first generation iPhone and damn if I didn't have a microSIM I'd pop the SIM in it just to use it for a week or two.
    12-29-2010 04:37 PM
    While i wouldn't do this with the 3GS, i could see doing this later for the next iphone.

I'm already upgrade eligible again (at&t is weird..go figure). I could always buy an iphone 5, sell it, and still use the iphone 4. Depends what the iphone 5 is... Probably will have same resolution for awhile, same RAM, slightly faster processor, etc.

Don't care if cameras get more resolution.

I'd say the only thing i'd really want added hardware wise is LTE but i doubt I'll see it on AT&T anytime soon and no Verizon in my area. I can wait another generation for a processor bump.
    12-29-2010 04:51 PM
    The thing that i think alot of people dont understand is that i WILL be buying the iPhone 5 on release day, i've done it with every iPhone so far and this time will be no different. I tried the iPhone 4 and i LOVED it, best iphone by far (thus far)...but in this case, the value was so high (higher than simply buying them new with no contract!) I really wanted a 32GB iPhone, but i couldn't see myself investing into a 32GB iP4 when i only have a matter of a few months before i can buy the new iPhone 5. This is a bridge between an amazing sale of my iPhone 4 and the inevitable purchase of the next iPhone...i dont plan on having this 3GS for any longer than that at all...
    12-29-2010 07:07 PM
    Making $275 is worth downgrading ans losing all the features. I can make that many others ways but not giving up the best device around
    01-04-2011 02:05 PM
    Making $275 is worth downgrading ans losing all the features. I can make that many others ways but not giving up the best device around
    I could have found a dozen ways to make the same money without giving up the iPhone 4, really had nothing to do with it as i explained...the iPhone 4 pre-christmas, was at a peek of value, and i personally wasn't attached at the hip to it so i took advantage of the price spike and sold it...

A little update too, still totally satisfied with the 3GS's performance thus far. The screen is deff the part i miss the most from the iP4, but over all, i'm content with having more memory and what seems like better tethering performance...i had a case on my iPhone 4 (the same with this 3GS) so as far as cosmetic issues, it's really a non-issue because i never really looked at my iphone 4 without a case much anyways...

The camera on the 3GS is better than i remembered but not anywhere near the iphone 4's capabilities...but the HDR style apps available for the 3GS now make taking pictures with it alot more appealing than before...i rarely used the video camera on the 4 so that's another issue i'm not really missing at all.

People have argued that the processor and general on phone performance would be a factor that would prevent them from making this same swap, but honestly, between my wife's iPhone 4 and my 3GS, i see very little to ZERO difference in the speeds in which it switches between apps or downloads apps...the only thing i noticed that was still quite negligible was when it opens apps, the iP4 seemed to do it about a second quicker...

Please understand that im not saying that the 3GS is a better phone in ANY way, shape or form...this was simply an "experience" thread, not a comparison thread. So far so good on my end, more storage space and a nice amount for the iP4 have made this an easy and problem free transition for me...

I actually had someone offer me a nice chunk of change for this 3GS not too long ago, enough to where i would have just enough to buy the iP4 32GB with the excess i made plus the 3GS sales amount...but with just a few months left to wait for the iP5, i held off. And honestly, having this version of the phone has made me MORE excited about the newer iphone coming this summer!
    01-04-2011 02:27 PM
    hey, you profited $275 and you still have your iphone. Just do it one more time and you will have enough to buy an iPad

apple has refurbs for $429
    01-04-2011 03:35 PM
    hey, you profited $275 and you still have your iphone. Just do it one more time and you will have enough to buy an iPad

apple has refurbs for $429
    an iPad that will be last-gen in less than a month..
    But I guess this particular poster might not mind that much :P
    01-04-2011 08:53 PM
    Why, if i am going to wait 6 months to buy a new iPhone, would a buy an iPad a month or so before the new gen comes out? I don't currently have an iPad, nor is there a previous gen to swap to if i DID have one...sooooooo...yeah.
    01-04-2011 09:53 PM
    @SeanHRCC You seem awfully worried about people's opinions. If you were really that confident in your decision you wouldn't care what people said. Just my opinion though...

On the topic, I could go back to a 3GS if I had to, but I wouldn't do it by choice. The screen alone is enough reason for me to never go back. Although I was on my wife's 3GS the other day and swear hers is faster than my IP4. Probably just whatever apps I had open but still. When I bring up the "multitasking bar" on my IP4 it takes a second or two to open. My wife's 3GS is pretty much instant.
    01-05-2011 10:32 AM
    wow, you really think there will be a new iPad available by the end of Jan (You did say less then a month)

In reality, I dont expect to see one available to the general public for at least 3-4 months. Unlikely before April.

If you are a wise businessman like the OP, you shouldnt have a hard time selling the current ipad for about 75% of the purchase price when the new one comes out.

just my opinion
    01-05-2011 12:39 PM
    @SeanHRCC You seem awfully worried about people's opinions. If you were really that confident in your decision you wouldn't care what people said. Just my opinion though...

On the topic, I could go back to a 3GS if I had to, but I wouldn't do it by choice. The screen alone is enough reason for me to never go back. Although I was on my wife's 3GS the other day and swear hers is faster than my IP4. Probably just whatever apps I had open but still. When I bring up the "multitasking bar" on my IP4 it takes a second or two to open. My wife's 3GS is pretty much instant.
    Im just bored...trying to create convo, i don't really care what other people think about my decision, i just respond because it keeps a topic alive and discussions can be interesting when you're sitting in a patrol car for 10 hours, lmao.
    01-05-2011 03:47 PM
    яю1

bersthevipo narod ru/bmw-recall-2010 html]Bmw recall 2010
    bersthevipo narod ru/bmw-prices-london html]Bmw prices london
    bersthevipo narod ru/bmw-dealers-boston html]Bmw dealers boston
    bersthevipo narod ru/bmw-convertible-top-repair html]Bmw convertible top repair
    bersthevipo narod ru/bmw-m6-jaguar-xkr html]Bmw m6 jaguar xkr

centkewoolca narod ru/bmw-s1000rr-yamaha-r6 html]Bmw s1000rr yamaha r6
    centkewoolca narod ru/bmw-keys-e36 html]Bmw keys e36
    centkewoolca narod ru/bmw-motorrad-step-program html]Bmw motorrad step program
    centkewoolca narod ru/bmw-finance-gap-insurance html]Bmw finance gap insurance
    centkewoolca narod ru/bmw-parts-online-discount html]Bmw parts online discount

hofecefeyoyusataho t35 com/bmw-gallery-of-norwood-reviews html]Bmw gallery of norwood reviews
    hofecefeyoyusataho t35 com/bmw-leasing-cars html]Bmw leasing cars
    hofecefeyoyusataho t35 com/bmw-x6-price-new html]Bmw x6 price new
    hofecefeyoyusataho t35 com/bmw-tucson-address html]Bmw tucson address
    hofecefeyoyusataho t35 com/bmw-m5-turbo html]Bmw m5 turbo

jusiqazijega t35 com/bmw-of-san-diego-el-cajon html]Bmw of san diego el cajon
    jusiqazijega t35 com/bmw-z3-for-sale-gumtree html]Bmw z3 for sale gumtree
    jusiqazijega t35 com/bmw-x7-buy html]Bmw x7 buy
    jusiqazijega t35 com/bmw-tampa-reeves html]Bmw tampa reeves
    jusiqazijega t35 com/bmw-motorcycles-johannesburg html]Bmw motorcycles johannesburg

kosacoricefot t35 com/bmw-k1300s-info html]Bmw k1300s info
    kosacoricefot t35 com/bmw-e46-reset-service-light html]Bmw e46 reset service light
    kosacoricefot t35 com/ctg-9-2 html]Bmw uk tyres
    kosacoricefot t35 com/bmw-credit-card-uae html]Bmw credit card uae
    kosacoricefot t35 com/bmw-wagon-cargo-space html]Bmw wagon cargo space

kozitibitofo t35 com/bmw-las-vegas-for-sale html]Bmw las vegas for sale
    kozitibitofo t35 com/ctg-4-14 html]Bmw germany plant
    kozitibitofo t35 com/bmw-tulsa-review html]Bmw tulsa review
    kozitibitofo t35 com/ctg-20-48 html]Bmw auto parts warehouse
    kozitibitofo t35 com/bmw-championship-nike html]Bmw championship nike

naxosobohiviter t35 com/bmw-oem-parts-used html]Bmw oem parts used
    naxosobohiviter t35 com/bmw-accessories-new-zealand html]Bmw accessories new zealand
    naxosobohiviter t35 com/bmw-performance-brakes html]Bmw performance brakes
    naxosobohiviter t35 com/ctg-14-9 html]Bmw motorcycles albuquerque
    naxosobohiviter t35 com/bmw-m3-for-sale-atlanta html]Bmw m3 for sale atlanta

punontipa narod ru/bmw-hp2-sport-info html]Bmw hp2 sport info
    punontipa narod ru/bmw-select-x5 html]Bmw select x5
    punontipa narod ru/bmw-rims-e30 html]Bmw rims e30
    punontipa narod ru/bmw-dinan-video html]Bmw dinan video
    punontipa narod ru/bmw-z3-for-sale-calgary html]Bmw z3 for sale calgary

releyolexoruc t35 com/bmw-san-francisco-service html]Bmw san francisco service
    releyolexoruc t35 com/ctg-18-46 html]Bmw financial services fax number
    releyolexoruc t35 com/bmw-x3-2011-gas-mileage html]Bmw x3 2011 gas mileage
    releyolexoruc t35 com/bmw-dinan-procede html]Bmw dinan procede
    releyolexoruc t35 com/bmw-concord-collision-reviews html]Bmw concord collision reviews

sekomibideloxu t35 com/ctg-11-29 html]Bmw e36 undertray
    sekomibideloxu t35 com/bmw-e30-sport-seats html]Bmw e30 sport seats
    sekomibideloxu t35 com/bmw-assist-review html]Bmw assist review
    sekomibideloxu t35 com/bmw-vision-jpg html]Bmw vision jpg
    sekomibideloxu t35 com/bmw-dealers-san-francisco html]Bmw dealers san francisco

tamcydisme narod ru/bmw-ipod-out html]Bmw ipod out
    tamcydisme narod ru/bmw-wagon-seattle html]Bmw wagon seattle
    tamcydisme narod ru/bmw-k1200s-owners-manual html]Bmw k1200s owners manual
    tamcydisme narod ru/bmw-finance-bank html]Bmw finance bank
    tamcydisme narod ru/bmw-news-rss-feeds html]Bmw news rss feeds

tarentluthol narod ru/bmw-rims-buy html]Bmw rims buy
    tarentluthol narod ru/bmw-german-engineering html]Bmw german engineering
    tarentluthol narod ru/bmw-tenafly-parts html]Bmw tenafly parts
    tarentluthol narod ru/ctg-6-3 html]Bmw careers in sa
    tarentluthol narod ru/bmw-m3-for-sale-usa html]Bmw m3 for sale usa

tesreatari narod ru/bmw-vanos-seals html]Bmw vanos seals
    tesreatari narod ru/bmw-tuning-nashville html]Bmw tuning nashville
    tesreatari narod ru/bmw-e36-recommended-oil html]Bmw e36 recommended oil
    tesreatari narod ru/bmw-cpo-philippines html]Bmw cpo philippines
    tesreatari narod ru/bmw-floor-mats-for-cars html]Bmw floor mats for cars

tranamenco narod ru/bmw-convertible-cost html]Bmw convertible cost
    tranamenco narod ru/bmw-e90-xenon-lights html]Bmw e90 xenon lights
    tranamenco narod ru/bmw-history-engines html]Bmw history engines
    tranamenco narod ru/bmw-germany-internship html]Bmw germany internship
    tranamenco narod ru/bmw-joy-youtube html]Bmw joy youtube

tzenascredas narod ru/ctg-11-4 html]Bmw k1200s k and n
    tzenascredas narod ru/bmw-wallpaper-m3 html]Bmw wallpaper m3
    tzenascredas narod ru/bmw-k1200s-mcn html]Bmw k1200s mcn
    tzenascredas narod ru/bmw-european-delivery-z4 html]Bmw european delivery z4
    tzenascredas narod ru/bmw-cpo-transferable html]Bmw cpo transferable

ventergcowi narod ru/bmw-z8-xenon html]Bmw z8 xenon
    ventergcowi narod ru/bmw-quad-price html]Bmw quad price
    ventergcowi narod ru/used-bmw-cars-london html]Used bmw cars london
    ventergcowi narod ru/bmw-tuning-gta-san-andreas html]Bmw tuning gta san andreas
    ventergcowi narod ru/bmw-financial-services-payoff-phone-number html]Bmw financial services payoff phone number

vohujiyufuvej t35 com/bmw-e90-key-battery html]Bmw e90 key battery
    vohujiyufuvej t35 com/bmw-store-discount-coupons html]Bmw store discount coupons
    vohujiyufuvej t35 com/bmw-blog-usa html]Bmw blog usa
    vohujiyufuvej t35 com/bmw-vision-sports-car html]Bmw vision sports car
    vohujiyufuvej t35 com/bmw-m3-for-sale-united-states html]Bmw m3 for sale united states

xagaloherezunaweku t35 com/bmw-dealership-nj html]Bmw dealership nj
    xagaloherezunaweku t35 com/bmw-convertible-deals html]Bmw convertible deals
    xagaloherezunaweku t35 com/bmw-cars-for-sale-in-california html]Bmw cars for sale in california
    xagaloherezunaweku t35 com/bmw-towson-inc html]Bmw towson inc
    xagaloherezunaweku t35 com/bmw-z4-for-sale-dealers html]Bmw z4 for sale dealers

zoyovefahohe t35 com/bmw-championship-leaderboard-2009 html]Bmw championship leaderboard 2009
    zoyovefahohe t35 com/bmw-select-vs-leasing html]Bmw select vs leasing
    zoyovefahohe t35 com/bmw-gallery-calgary-parts html]Bmw gallery calgary parts
    zoyovefahohe t35 com/bmw-convertible-repair html]Bmw convertible repair
    zoyovefahohe t35 com/bmw-rims-tires-sale html]Bmw rims tires sale
    hahaha win!
    01-05-2011 04:31 PM
    LOL... epic fail on the spam.
    01-05-2011 05:03 PM
    I commend you for downgrading. My wife has the 3GS and I have the 4 and everytime I pick hers up to do something or fix something... I shutter at the idea of downgrading.
    01-05-2011 06:53 PM
    Sooooo...i'm back in the iPhone 4 camp again. (my wife just rolled her eyes at me when i came home with it because she said i have tech ADD, lol)

Basically, i have a friend at work that just bought an iPhone 4 about a month ago...she loves it but she couldn't afford the larger 32GB version when she went to AT&T (she had to use an early upgrade fee for $399). She was talking to me about some stuff and noticed that i had my 3GS on the dock on my desk and said she always wanted a white iPhone 32GB but they ran out when she bought her black one a couple of years ago...i simply said "Want to trade?", and was making a complete joke, as i had no intention of trading and thought she would just laugh it off.

Right before my shift was over, she came over to my desk and asked "Are you serious about the trade?" and i just looked at her for a second confused as i wasn't sure if she was serious...then i figured she'd ask for money plus my phone...she looked at a bluetooth headset on my desk (old motorola one) that i literally haven't even taken off the charger in prob 6 months, she said "I'll trade you for your 3GS, the bluetooth headset and lunch next week..."

After about 10 seconds of questioning whether i wanted to give up my extra storage, and explaining to her that she cold sell her iP4 and make a profit and buy both the 3GS and headset...she explained she hated eBay and Craigslist and had no time to meet people or ship items...and we made the trade. Thankfully i kept my micro sim from the other one, so i just slapped it in, connected it up and it was good to go!

I honestly have to say, after using it for a couple of days now...i take back what i said about the screen, it is substantially better...no ifs ands or buts about it, it is just a vastly better quality. Speeds are the same which i had no expectation of anything different, tethering seems about the same so i guess my theory was maybe just from the initial "change" (or maybe even from assuming before getting the 3GS that it might be slower, which it wasnt).

All in all, im happy...and i realize now that my next iPhone will no doubt be the 32GB variant.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 01-24-2011 at 08:21 AM.
    01-24-2011 08:16 AM
    I think it was a great idea if:

1) You're content with a 3GS until iPhone 5 comes out
    2) You made a decent profit (which I'd say you did)

So I see it as a positive.

***Edit.. just saw your latest update.. and dang you are one lucky guy - great trade!
    Last edited by jhamilton3; 01-24-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    01-24-2011 09:34 AM
    I am happy with the trade, and it seemed like she was not as content with the iPhone 4 as she thought she was going to be (i honestly think she was down about not having the additional storage space...she is one of our detectives that travels out of state alot and said she was not happy about only having a couple of movies on her iPhone a couple of weeks ago flying to San Fran)...

I was actually fair about it too...i told her if she regretted it within a week and the phones were still in the exact condition they were when we traded, i would trade back...just in case she feels regret after a few days (i talked to her about an hour ago and she was loving the 3GS and i even threw in an old Speck case my wife had that we werent using...some plaid looking one, lol).

I missed this camera something awful...
    01-24-2011 12:26 PM
    So my friend came to me the other day and told me that he was seeing the iPhone 4's selling on eBay for crazy prices during the holidays...i checked it out myself and got a little bug inside me that said "Do it Sean! Take advantage of this spike in value!"

So i did...i put it on eBay and within a few hours someone had used Buy It Now for $625 (i sold it straight up with no jailbreak or anything, and the Belkin case i've had on it since the first week i bought it). I was more than a little excited, since i could, essentially go back and buy a brand new iPhone 4 and profit $25, but i decided against it and went on Craigslist and bought a 3GS (white 32GB)...got it for $350 so ended up making $275 off the whole deal...

After having this 3GS for a few days over the Xmas holiday, i have to say that while the screen does looked washed out compared to the retina display, and the pictures are certainly no where near the quality of the iP4's, i'm not all that disappointed, and i don't really miss the iPhone 4 all that much. I seem to get about the same reception i got before (though my tethering seems much faster for some reason, maybe its the locations im in, who knows...), and the phone honestly feels like its functioning at about the same level as my iPhone 4 did...no noticeable lag or glitchy performance.

So with that said, i am again a 3GS owner (and i got a white one like i always wanted, but never got back when the 3GS was a hot commodity)...and to be 100% honest, im still just as happy with the 3GS.

Anyone else downgrade from iP4 back to 3GS? Experience?
    This kind of outside the box thinking (what everyone else would call "crazy" or "dumb") is what always interests me, While I'm not in the market to sell my i4 anytime soon, I can definitely see the appeal in selling something (which I personally only paid 199.99 for) for quite a few times more than that.

While reading this I did wonder if I should possibly go about it, but for me a phone is far too important to risk even going a few days without, and so I personally decided against it, Plus for me personally just going back to a 480x360 BlackBerry screen is hard enough, much less going down from my 960x480 resolution to a 320x480 at 163ppi on the 3GS.

(Edit: Well aren't you lucky being back on an i4 after all that. :P)
    01-24-2011 02:19 PM
    screw that. Might as well go back to horse and carriage. While some people may not be able to afford a new i4 and purchase a 3gs instead, i think it's crazy to get an i4 and then downgrade. Now if money is tight and you can make a few hundred bucks....well then yeah.
    lol
    01-24-2011 03:46 PM
    So my friend came to me the other day and told me that he was seeing the iPhone 4's selling on eBay for crazy prices during the holidays...i checked it out myself and got a little bug inside me that said "Do it Sean! Take advantage of this spike in value!"

So i did...i put it on eBay and within a few hours someone had used Buy It Now for $625 (i sold it straight up with no jailbreak or anything, and the Belkin case i've had on it since the first week i bought it). I was more than a little excited, since i could, essentially go back and buy a brand new iPhone 4 and profit $25, but i decided against it and went on Craigslist and bought a 3GS (white 32GB)...got it for $350 so ended up making $275 off the whole deal...

After having this 3GS for a few days over the Xmas holiday, i have to say that while the screen does looked washed out compared to the retina display, and the pictures are certainly no where near the quality of the iP4's, i'm not all that disappointed, and i don't really miss the iPhone 4 all that much. I seem to get about the same reception i got before (though my tethering seems much faster for some reason, maybe its the locations im in, who knows...), and the phone honestly feels like its functioning at about the same level as my iPhone 4 did...no noticeable lag or glitchy performance.

So with that said, i am again a 3GS owner (and i got a white one like i always wanted, but never got back when the 3GS was a hot commodity)...and to be 100% honest, im still just as happy with the 3GS.

Anyone else downgrade from iP4 back to 3GS? Experience?
    I have thought about this endless times before. I personally like the form of the older 3GS much better than the iPhone 4. The problem is the battery. If the batteries were even comparable then I wouldn't think twice about doing that and would probably be posting this from the 3GS.
    01-24-2011 04:00 PM
    ^^^ I noticed a slight difference with the 3GS (lower), but it was nothing substantial...perhaps the age of the 3GS or the practice of charging it that the previous owner had, had something to do with it. My newer iPhone 4 seems to have better battery life than the one i sold, its quite nice.
    01-24-2011 04:28 PM
    After using an iPhone 4, I am completely spoiled by the Retina Display...it's just ridiculously good. Every other phone looks blurry and cheap by comparison now.
    01-24-2011 04:46 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD