iphone must cool before use?

JRF_1986

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've done some searching and couldn't find an exact answer. My iPhone 4 is about a week old, hasn't gotten wet nor have I dropped it. Earlier this morning, about 30 minutes after charging it, I picked up my phone and saw this error. I was a little surprised and started feeling it to see if it was hot and it wasn't. The temperature was normal, but the signal went out and left me with Emergency Calls Only. I just did a backup and installed iOS 4.2 (it came with 4.1) but am worried that it might explode on me :D
Should I take it in or keep using it normally? The warning stayed for like 2 minutes and I am now able to use it. So, any advice?

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Wait and see, if it happens again book an appointment and mention the restore you did as that seems to be one of the things they ask you to do.

Reactions: JRF_1986

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
you didn't have it charge on paper, a blanket or sheet or in a confined area did you? you should always allow air flow to ANY device that you are charging.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
you didn't have it charge on paper, a blanket or sheet or in a confined area did you? you should always allow air flow to ANY device that you are charging.

Airflow to a device that does not vent air in or out is of little relevance to it's ability to stay cool under a currant charge...you could have a fan blowing directly on the iPhone under a charging situation and it would not prevent the build up of heat from the charge. I think the idea you were trying to convey is leaving the iPhone open air while charging, as it allows radiation of heat instead of confining it to the area where it would be enclosed...this has nothing to do with airflow onto the phone.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Airflow to a device that does not vent air in or out is of little relevance to it's ability to stay cool under a currant charge...you could have a fan blowing directly on the iPhone under a charging situation and it would not prevent the build up of heat from the charge. I think the idea you were trying to convey is leaving the iPhone open air while charging, as it allows radiation of heat instead of confining it to the area where it would be enclosed...this has nothing to do with airflow onto the phone.

I agree! ... Heck, my iP4 spends a lot of time in my glove box "That's where my stereos interface cable hangs out." ... No issues, perhaps he had a rogue thread looping and warming up that processor.

emtal233

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the temperature error once. I asked a friend who has had the same thing too, he told me if the gps is constantly accessing location data it will give you a temperature error, but it goes away pretty quick if that helps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW