Videos for in-flight entertainment

Salil

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello Friends,
I have to travel on a long flght(for 1 day) and I was wondering if there is any app that will let me download movies or documentaries for the iphone that I can watch during flight. I have a couple of books that are in pdf format. Anyway I can import them into the iphone?

andrewp23

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
just get bittorrent on your computer and use pirate bay or any other torrent site unless you have a converter make sure what youre downloading is an mp4 so you can play it on your iphone thank me if this helped :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
andrew - please don't recommend illegal activities. It will lead to your being banned from TiPb. Thanks.

salilsurendran - you can purchase movies from iTunes. You can also convert videos you own on dvd using Handbrake.

Exechobo

Sep 25, 2010
exechobo.com
Handbrake! Great way to go, but plan for some long sessions and some other activities to do (not on your computer), simultaneously.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup...handbrake will take any movies you have on your mac/PC and will compress/convert them into usable files for your iPhone. Other than that, you can download VLC for your iPhone and it has a way to load videos directly to it, but honestly, you'll waste alot of space with uncompressed .avi's and .mkv's vs. using handbrake and making mp4's.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you have a way to charge your phone. Watching movies can drain it. Some planes offer places to plug in your phone to charge. I assume it's an international flight.

FXC

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Besides, regular, high bitrate movies (encoded for watching on TV) will drain the battery much faster than lower-res, lower-kpbs ones.

Now, if you find any "FREE" movies online, you can be sure the site isn't legit. Just go to iTunes and buy them movies. Easiest.

Salil

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I will buy the movies from iTunes. When I come back from India, I won't have the main computer that I sync my iphone with at my place. Then how do I rent movies, since my iphone can only sync with the computer I have here without wiping out all my content on the iphone.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I will buy the movies from iTunes. When I come back from India, I won't have the main computer that I sync my iphone with at my place. Then how do I rent movies, since my iphone can only sync with the computer I have here without wiping out all my content on the iphone.

You should be able to both buy and rent movies right from your iPhone. Just open up the iTunes app on your iPhone and go to the videos tab and you should be set. When you get home you can sync and the movies that you bought can be moved to your main computer.

Salil

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to both buy and rent movies right from your iPhone. Just open up the iTunes app on your iPhone and go to the videos tab and you should be set. When you get home you can sync and the movies that you bought can be moved to your main computer.

Unfortunately I won't be able to rent from India since, I won't be roaming and I don't wanna unlock the phone in order to use an Indian SIM with it.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I think the best way is you rent the movies and sync them to your iPhone before ur flight, or get the videos or movies by downloading them to your computer and get to ur iPhone.
As said, you can download the videos from YouTube by tools like iFunia Free YouTube downloader or somewhere, also can convert videos you own on dvd using Handbrake.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I won't be able to rent from India since, I won't be roaming and I don't wanna unlock the phone in order to use an Indian SIM with it.

I would think that there would be somewhere that you could use wi-fi and then you would not have to worry about data. Then again perhaps not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods