is a new notification system really coming in ios5 or is it a feature that people are just saying is gonna happen? Is there anything concrete or is it all assumptions? Apple has a track record of letting folks down if you ask me..... I'm really getting tired of peeps being able to read my texts over my shoulder.....
    12-22-2010 01:47 PM
    Anything you hear about iOS "5" is speculation right now...no details have been released on anything regarding future updates to iOS 4, much less 5.
    12-22-2010 02:34 PM
    Besides that I don't see how a new notification system ties in to people reading your texts over your shoulder? just elbow them in the gut
    12-22-2010 02:45 PM
    i got a bad feeling that notifications wont be addressed, even though they hired some dude from palm or something...
    12-22-2010 03:51 PM
    Besides that I don't see how a new notification system ties in to people reading your texts over your shoulder? just elbow them in the gut
    Well it ties in to watching a movie or playing a game and a annoying purple pop up appears.
    12-22-2010 04:21 PM
    @Chris, if you're gonna constantly say the same thing at least learn the colour, it's not purple at all. It's clearly a dark blue.

Anyway, they did hire the dude from Palm who made webOS notifications. I don't think that was coincidental.

In any case, the notification system really doesn't bother me at all. It could be better, but that can be said of anything.
    12-22-2010 08:11 PM
    @Chris, if you're gonna constantly say the same thing at least learn the colour, it's not purple at all. It's clearly a dark blue.

The color looks purple to me. but I'm not going to agrue over something so silly as the color of a pop up on a mobile phone.
    12-22-2010 10:30 PM
    You dont own an iPhone...how would you know?
    12-22-2010 10:40 PM
    You dont own an iPhone...how would you know?
    Sigh

I used to own a touch and I own an iPad. I get the SAME notifications system as you do. Doesn't matter if this is posted in the iPhone section or not. Its the same OS accross all devices.
    12-22-2010 10:50 PM
    The color looks purple to me. but I'm not going to agrue over something so silly as the color of a pop up on a mobile phone.
    If you're going to correct someone on how they write a word (which is correct in his neck of the woods), at least get a simple one correct yourself. I'll leave it to you to figure it out. My 5 year old niece sitting next to me figured it out.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 12-23-2010 at 12:15 AM.
    12-22-2010 11:54 PM
    FYI captain knows-nothing-at-all, the word color is spelled C O L O U R in Canada and Britain. I live in Canada. So eat it.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    12-23-2010 12:01 AM
    LOLOL i dont care what color ( i live in good ole ar, usa) pops up.... just tired of the pop up... period........ PLEASE DELIVER A 5 INCH SCREEN IPHONE 5 WITH AN UPDATED NOTIFICATION SYSTEM AND YOU WILL BE THE BESTEST PERSON EVER STEVE JOBS!!!
    12-23-2010 11:35 AM
    i think a lot of people have just been saying how they "want" a new notification system theres no actual official information that says this
    12-23-2010 01:35 PM
    Andrew, there's no actual official information that says anything until apple announces the phone. That's the point of speculation.
    12-23-2010 03:40 PM
    I think a new notification system would be amazing. The one now is getting dated.
    12-23-2010 04:07 PM
    I think a new notification system would be amazing. The one now is getting dated.
    I agree! It's time for some new innovation.
    12-24-2010 01:17 AM
    If Apple does NOT fix the notifications system then they would be shooting themselves in the foot, sure you can fix it by jailbreaking, but you shouldn't have to. iOS 5 will look pretty stupid if it still has the horrible pop-up style garbage that is the worst in the industry, it's the #1 thing that needs fixing above all else.
    12-24-2010 06:34 AM
    How do people read your text over your shoulders? Are you talking about the text preview? You could turn that off in settings. . You still get the pop up but does not show the message.

I would also LOVE to see a better notification system from Apple

is a new notification system really coming in ios5 or is it a feature that people are just saying is gonna happen? Is there anything concrete or is it all assumptions? Apple has a track record of letting folks down if you ask me..... I'm really getting tired of peeps being able to read my texts over my shoulder.....
    12-24-2010 09:09 AM
    Personally, I hope the notification system gets addressed. I would love one day to be free of Team Jailbreak's hold on me with LockInfo!
    12-24-2010 01:12 PM
    AGREED..Ios5 better have a real notification system and a bit more options to enable or disable features. That pop up is so annoying...
    12-24-2010 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD