New Notification System in IOS5

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
is a new notification system really coming in ios5 or is it a feature that people are just saying is gonna happen? Is there anything concrete or is it all assumptions? Apple has a track record of letting folks down if you ask me..... I'm really getting tired of peeps being able to read my texts over my shoulder.....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anything you hear about iOS "5" is speculation right now...no details have been released on anything regarding future updates to iOS 4, much less 5.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Besides that I don't see how a new notification system ties in to people reading your texts over your shoulder? just elbow them in the gut ;)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@Chris, if you're gonna constantly say the same thing at least learn the colour, it's not purple at all. It's clearly a dark blue.

Anyway, they did hire the dude from Palm who made webOS notifications. I don't think that was coincidental.

In any case, the notification system really doesn't bother me at all. It could be better, but that can be said of anything.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The color looks purple to me. but I'm not going to agrue over something so silly as the color of a pop up on a mobile phone.

If you're going to correct someone on how they write a word (which is correct in his neck of the woods), at least get a simple one correct yourself. I'll leave it to you to figure it out. My 5 year old niece sitting next to me figured it out.

Last edited:

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
LOLOL i dont care what color ( i live in good ole ar, usa) pops up.... just tired of the pop up... period........ PLEASE DELIVER A 5 INCH SCREEN IPHONE 5 WITH AN UPDATED NOTIFICATION SYSTEM AND YOU WILL BE THE BESTEST PERSON EVER STEVE JOBS!!!

andrewp23

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i think a lot of people have just been saying how they "want" a new notification system theres no actual official information that says this

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Andrew, there's no actual official information that says anything until apple announces the phone. That's the point of speculation.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
If Apple does NOT fix the notifications system then they would be shooting themselves in the foot, sure you can fix it by jailbreaking, but you shouldn't have to. iOS 5 will look pretty stupid if it still has the horrible pop-up style garbage that is the worst in the industry, it's the #1 thing that needs fixing above all else.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
How do people read your text over your shoulders? Are you talking about the text preview? You could turn that off in settings. :). You still get the pop up but does not show the message.

I would also LOVE to see a better notification system from Apple

is a new notification system really coming in ios5 or is it a feature that people are just saying is gonna happen? Is there anything concrete or is it all assumptions? Apple has a track record of letting folks down if you ask me..... I'm really getting tired of peeps being able to read my texts over my shoulder.....

ladjr

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I hope the notification system gets addressed. I would love one day to be free of Team Jailbreak's hold on me with LockInfo!

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
AGREED..Ios5 better have a real notification system and a bit more options to enable or disable features. That pop up is so annoying...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73