Upgraded :)

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So today I moved on up from my 3GS finally to an iPhone 4 .. I must say that I highly underestimated the retina display! Side by side comparison of my two iPhone's really proves how fuzzy my 3GS is! So far I don't seem to see much difference in the battery, of course I've been playing around with it a lot and it drained the battery pretty quick lol, so I guess once I get a good full charge on it I'll be able to really see the difference.

Now, the tough part ... Finding the "right" case for my new i4 :) ....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on the upgrade! As far as cases go, i've had a few since i got my iP4 (none of them broke, i just got tired of the bumper, the clear case i got for free showed blemishes too much, and i had a gel skin case that someone got me but i hate gel skins when you have your phone in your pocket alot)...

The Belkin case i have has been the best for me...it's the Grip View series in black pearl color...my wife actually loved it so much that she got the same one too.

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
atomic hybrid....google it..best ever and am a case junkie...get the hybrid as i have seen on u tube the full aluminum one causes reception issues

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Congrats, I had the bumper and then a Belkin clear case with the free case program. The case I like now is the Wrapsol Ultra Clear cover. It's clear plastic that goes on the back and front and all around the sides. I've had it now for about a month and love to see the sexy iPhone 4 with anything covering it. But anyways, enjoy your new phone... you'll love it!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i upgraded to the iP4 about 1 1/2 weeks ago from the 3G ... dear lord it is amazing!

if i wasn't a fanboy before, then i am now. yeah, i said it

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys! The Belkin Grip Vue is actually right now my top choice, but I've only done minimal research. I had an Incase slider on my 3GS and I liked the look of the same slider they have for the i4, but reviews say its hard to get on and off because of the volume buttons, so I'm kinda scared to scratch the phone taking the case off and on. The Griffin Reveal was also another top pick of mine, but reviews say that it's design affects the camera flash. Ahhh so many choices lol ... I'm gonna check out that hybrid that was mentioned and see what they say about that one.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's been alot of drama around the slider cases, not so much scratching but shattering the rear glass panel. The grip vue has been my favorite thus far mainly because its not specifically a "hard shell", but its also FAR from a gel skin...its like a happy median, and i have dropped my phone countless times and it doesnt have a scratch or ding at all...i've personally not experienced ANY camera or flash issues with the Belkin (and my phone never comes out of it)...the only thing ive read that was less than a perfect review of it is the volume buttons being covered by the rubber type material, some people found it difficult to depress to adjust the volume level...to me that's a load of crap but i also have big hands so...it may just be small handed people.

And the price was not bad either...got mine for $18, and my wife's a few months later for $15. The smoke color deff makes it hard to see the nice design of the iPhone, but i can live with that if it means i get the function i have out of it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Congrats man :D I went from a 3G to the 4 and damn what an upgrade it was. I use the Otterbox Defender which is a tank of a case. The only thing is if you love to see the phone in all it's glory this is not the case for you. I'm more OCD about having my phone proteted and the built in screen was a bonus for me.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I tend to rock mine naked, too, BLiNK. It's so damn pretty! I do sometimes use the InCase smoke snap on I got thru the free case program. It's leaves most of the steel sides exposed and you can see thru the back. I do like the protection is gives the glass back. I slip it into a Golla bag when it's in my purse and it feels safe. I have also been using the Paul Frank skins from my 3GS-they fit the 4 quite well. OP enjoy your new phone!

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i've been rolllin' naked with mine.. :eek:

any plans on jailbreaking your new device?

Not sure yet, I had my 3GS jailbroken and loved it. Is there a jailbreak for 4.2.1? And yea, mine's naked for now, I love the look of this one ... But also love it too much to see it get scratched.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have 4.2.1 on my device as well and it is jailbroken, however tethered is the only option, for now.. there was supposed to be a Untethered released this week but i'm afraid it may not happen and not sure when it will..

IF you really do want to jailbreak it is a nice option.. once you get everything up and going it's not that bad at all.. compared to all the negative feedback you'll read about it

working with Cydia is amazing. the speed is awesome compared to when i had my 3G, not sure if it's the device and or the updated Cydia but it's a really nice change from what i was used to

in regards to cases unless it's a "barely there" type and will not even look at it. any others just feel to bulky in hand. i know there a lot of people here who Love the Otterbox.. personally i think those are hideous to put on such a beautiful device. i do have AppleCare so i'll just take my chances i guess

sinisalo

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Ipheuria, are you happy with the Otterbox Defender? I just upgraded from a 3G as well and I'm either going to get the Defender or the Commuter. Thanks.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Ipheuria, are you happy with the Otterbox Defender? I just upgraded from a 3G as well and I'm either going to get the Defender or the Commuter. Thanks.

A friend of mine has the defender... and I had a commuter on my 3gs.. the one problem with a defender, the corner of the screen becomes a pain to make contact with for it to function and it seriously BULKS the phone up... the commuter is more a slim line type case...

I personally think the iSkin gives the same protection but with a better look

iSkin Products for your iPhone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73