ipod trouble on iphone 4

cheesey69

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
it seems after listening to music after about an hour, the song gets lower for a few seconds and then stops playing altogether. any ideas on how to corect this? or why its happening?
thanks for all your ideas

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Repeat is probably off. When you are in the Now Playing, where you have iPod controls, just tap the repeat button below the info about the song. If you don't see it, tap on the cover art and it should pop up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Shot in the dark...but are any of these songs it happened on being used as ringtones? Did you remember to reset the settings back to regular play time within those songs (if this is the case)?

I know that i had several songs in my library that i used for ringtones and forgot to switch them back and i'd be listening to them and out of no where they'd end and go on. Reading your post this doesnt seem like the problem but it was worth mentioning just in case...

cheesey69

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Shot in the dark...but are any of these songs it happened on being used as ringtones? Did you remember to reset the settings back to regular play time within those songs (if this is the case)?

I know that i had several songs in my library that i used for ringtones and forgot to switch them back and i'd be listening to them and out of no where they'd end and go on. Reading your post this doesnt seem like the problem but it was worth mentioning just in case...

unfortunately none of them are ringtones, it doesn't happen every day, but every 2 or 3 days

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It really seems like you have some kind of bug in the iPod perhaps from a bad sync or a bad update...if it's a problem that is persistent enough to cause a headache, i would prob do a backup and then full restore...

cheesey69

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It really seems like you have some kind of bug in the iPod perhaps from a bad sync or a bad update...if it's a problem that is persistent enough to cause a headache, i would prob do a backup and then full restore...

thanks for everyones help, when you say back up, is that when it synchs to i tunes? how do you do a full restore? this is my first iphone i love it had the storm and spiked it after it kept losing memory and had to be restarted ala battery pull, every day sometimes 3 times a day

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Connect to iTunes and select "restore", it will tell you to do a backup first and will give you the option to do so, back it up and let it proceed to a restore, it will delete everything on your iphone so if its jailbroken, you'll have to do that again...the backup and sync should retain your apps and what not.

cheesey69

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Connect to iTunes and select "restore", it will tell you to do a backup first and will give you the option to do so, back it up and let it proceed to a restore, it will delete everything on your iphone so if its jailbroken, you'll have to do that again...the backup and sync should retain your apps and what not.

will it back up all my contacts, i dont want to lose them

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a mac or PC? When you back up, a Mac will put everything in your address book and re-sync them upon restore. On a PC, im assuming Outlook does the same thing, though i've never personally had to restore an iPhone on a PC, so i can't guarantee it's as easy as assuming Outlook backs up the contacts.

Reactions: cheesey69

cheesey69

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a mac or PC? When you back up, a Mac will put everything in your address book and re-sync them upon restore. On a PC, im assuming Outlook does the same thing, though i've never personally had to restore an iPhone on a PC, so i can't guarantee it's as easy as assuming Outlook backs up the contacts.

i was able to save my contacts, woohoo, but i lost some of my songs. if i have an ipod with the songs i lost can i get those songs to be saved and then resynch my iphone and transfer those lost songs? thanks for all your help

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if the iPod is connected to the same iTunes account that the iPhone is.

And no prob with the help, it's nice to see people who actually OWN iPhone's posting legitimate threads in here...(just hit that little thanks button under the post count and make it count! ;) )

Reactions: cheesey69

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods