Seems that Gawker took a HEAVY hit this weekend when hackers stole and published a lot of data from their web sites. Not only were user accounts compromised, the hackers specifically published a lot of information about the Gawker employees. Do you think that this was retaliation for Gawker/Gizmodo leak of the iPhone 4? Conspiracy theorists have at it!
    12-14-2010 11:00 AM
    One would have to be really sad to have done it for that purpose.

Personally I didn't understand why so many people were getting sooo upset over the leak... people were literally taking it like it was a personal blow to themself!

I for one was quite delighted Gizmodo broke the news... I'mean, thats one of the main reasons I read tech blogs.. to get the latest exciting tech news first.
    Last edited by OutSpoken; 12-14-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    12-14-2010 11:12 AM
    No. They would've done this a long time ago. Hackers don't wait many months to attack. Duh.
    12-14-2010 11:20 AM
    Man it is sad when some people don't read the news. The Gawker hack was in response to the arrest of the guy that started Wikileaks. Hell the group of hackers that have done it have even taken credit for it.
    12-14-2010 11:41 AM
    Man it is sad when some people don't read the news. The Gawker hack was in response to the arrest of the guy that started Wikileaks. Hell the group of hackers that have done it have even taken credit for it.
    Why the hell would hackers attack Gawker for something they had nothing to do with?
    12-14-2010 12:21 PM
    Why the hell would hackers attack Gawker for something they had nothing to do with?
    Because they're stupid.
    12-14-2010 12:53 PM
    Gawker Attack: The Real Reason - Web Host Directory Okay so it seems that the initial reports of the attack being tied to what is going on with Wikileaks was not accurate. I found this article just now when I was looking for the initial article that I had read a couple of days ago.
    12-14-2010 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD