Is Gawker Hack Retaliation for iPhone 4 Leak?

jjjwicks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Seems that Gawker took a HEAVY hit this weekend when hackers stole and published a lot of data from their web sites. Not only were user accounts compromised, the hackers specifically published a lot of information about the Gawker employees. Do you think that this was retaliation for Gawker/Gizmodo leak of the iPhone 4? Conspiracy theorists have at it!

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
One would have to be really sad to have done it for that purpose.

Personally I didn't understand why so many people were getting sooo upset over the leak... :confused: people were literally taking it like it was a personal blow to themself!

I for one was quite delighted Gizmodo broke the news... I'mean, thats one of the main reasons I read tech blogs.. to get the latest exciting tech news first.

Last edited:

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Man it is sad when some people don't read the news. The Gawker hack was in response to the arrest of the guy that started Wikileaks. Hell the group of hackers that have done it have even taken credit for it.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Man it is sad when some people don't read the news. The Gawker hack was in response to the arrest of the guy that started Wikileaks. Hell the group of hackers that have done it have even taken credit for it.

Why the hell would hackers attack Gawker for something they had nothing to do with? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2