Multiple Email Accounts on iPhone

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have mobile me and have several email accounts setup. When I go to me.com, I can check all email and respond from any of the accounts I have setup.

I can not do that on my iPhone or iPad.

When i respomd from a device, it sends from my default me account.

Suggestions?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hit the arrow icon that indicates REPLY... click REPLY... click on CC/BCC, FROM ... click on the FROM line and pick the email address you want to use for the reply...

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Also, if you go to where you can see all of your inboxes in a list, select the one you want it to be from, and create a message

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Do either of you have MobileMe setup like this? I ask, because there is no From button and when I go to the Main MobileMe folder, there is no option to select which account I want it from.

I have have multiple accounts setup, then I can do this but then I get duplicate emails and mail is not in sync like it should be.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
On your iPhone/ iPod you can setup several email accounts by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Works for me like HankAZ said, but I'm using two exchange accounts. If you don't see the "from" box at first, it is in the same box as CC and BCC. I wonder if there is a setting you can change on your MobileMe account?

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
@paul - Yes, we can add as many accounts as we want - you are correct.

The problem, is that I have Mobile Me and when I access it via a browser, all of my email is in one place and I can respond from and write from any account.

On the iPhone and iPad, I can only send/write from the MobileMe account.

Adding multiple accounts creates separate inboxes and duplicate emails.

It sounds as though this feature is supported on Mac's and online, but not on iPhone and iPad.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The problem, is that I have Mobile Me and when I access it via a browser, all of my email is in one place and I can respond from and write from any account.

It sounds as though this feature is supported on Mac's and online, but not on iPhone and iPad.

Sorry, I don't have it set up that way... I have 4 separate accounts, one of which is the Mobile Me email account...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I have had that problem, actually: with Gmail. I had one account handling all my different address, but to reply with the address the email was sent to, I had to either use the browser version or set up multiple accounts. (Or deal with the multiple email issue, which I hated.)

One idea is to use the browser version, create a homescreen bookmark for it, and replace the mail app in the dock with that shortcut. But with the "All Inboxes" now standard I haven't an issue--I decoupled the one account I really needed the "reply as" to work on and now have two accounts on the phone. If I absolutely HAVE to use Reply As on another account I just use the browser shortcut.

One last idea: have you tried setting up accounts, then disabling them without removing them? For some reason I remember doing that and still having the option to use those addresses as reply as options.

Sorry none of these is a true solution.

donjason

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I also wanted to ask: does it always sync to my gmail account even if I don't have a wifi available (i.e. does it connect to 3G in this case)?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner