Brand New iPhone 4 on 4.0 (Newb Question)

djmannyd

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a brand new non contract iPhone 4 and it is running 4.0 firmware with 1.59.00 BB. I got the phone to upgrade from my 3GS and also unlock and use on T-Mobile. So I jailbroke it via Limera1n and then unlocked it with Ultrasn0w. Everything works as it should but the only problem I have is when I get a notification while the phone is asleep, the screen turns on to show the notification but won't go back to sleep. Is this normal on 4.0 and I just got to update to 4.1 or is it the jailbreak???? Also I really want to update to 4.1 but I do not want to lose my 1.59.00 BB, is this possible without having my SSH blobs saved???? Thanks

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I just bought a brand new non contract iPhone 4 and it is running 4.0 firmware with 1.59.00 BB. I got the phone to upgrade from my 3GS and also unlock and use on T-Mobile. So I jailbroke it via Limera1n and then unlocked it with Ultrasn0w. Everything works as it should but the only problem I have is when I get a notification while the phone is asleep, the screen turns on to show the notification but won't go back to sleep. Is this normal on 4.0 and I just got to update to 4.1 or is it the jailbreak???? Also I really want to update to 4.1 but I do not want to lose my 1.59.00 BB, is this possible without having my SSH blobs saved???? Thanks

Not normal. When I was on 4.0 I Jailbroke using jailbreakme.com as limera1n was not out at the time.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Should've used jailbreakme.com for 4.0. It works perfectly.

Kinda strange that a "brand new" iPhone 4 would still be at 4.0.

djmannyd

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know, I thought it was gonna be at least on 4.1 and 2.10 BB but I got lucky. Can I re-jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com or am I just kinda screwed?

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know, I thought it was gonna be at least on 4.1 and 2.10 BB but I got lucky. Can I re-jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com or am I just kinda screwed?

I think you have to restore it, then re-jailbreak it, but unfortunately, you don't have the 4.0 blobs saved. You can try jailbreakme.com right now, but no guarantees.

djmannyd

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks @TampaDude, I'll give jailbreakme.com a try and see what happens. Its ok to jailbreak again even though I'm already jailbroken, right?

djmannyd

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out. I had LockInfo installed but the sleep delay was set to NEVER. I don't know how that happend but anyway, I set it to 5sec and now it's all fixed.