Ok....I came back..to Iphone 4

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So why did you jailbreak? To install "myspace like themes and malware?" You're the one who keeps posting this garbage.

Because thats pretty much all there is.

and I JB because I was curious, but it screwed up my iPad to the point where I had to do a full restore. I used jailbreakme.com

Granted, I may JB again, I may not, but at the moment there is nothing that is worth JB for

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
@ChrisGonzales90 ... Really? Your ignorance is offensive, please don't post about a topic in which you truly have no clue. Thanks, and have a nice day :)

Last edited:

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Glad you're back to the fray! I've dangled in Android many times, and every time, I keep coming back to iOS. I've had the Droid X and the EVO 4G, and although they have their pluses, they are almost too big for me. I think 3.5" is the right size for a phone screen...it seems to be the sweet spot for me. Still easy to hold in my hand, not too unwieldy, and it of course has the best OS on the market, iOS!

jiggaman2g

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem on my end here, well not with the Evo but with the BB Torch.

I picked one up a couple days ago and boy did I really miss the bbm and the email reliability. I put the iPhone 4 up for sale twice and chickened out twice. A pretty good response out there buyer wise but I have it hooked up on my wifi so I can still accsess all my apps and even emails are still coming thru on it.

I just can't let it go though it's far too sweet of a phone and I waited way too long to get it. Now if there's only a way that I can find out how to be able to switch my sims on days that I want to run out with my ip4.... Hmmm

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Having the same problem on my end here, well not with the Evo but with the BB Torch.

I picked one up a couple days ago and boy did I really miss the bbm and the email reliability. I put the iPhone 4 up for sale twice and chickened out twice. A pretty good response out there buyer wise but I have it hooked up on my wifi so I can still accsess all my apps and even emails are still coming thru on it.

I just can't let it go though it's far too sweet of a phone and I waited way too long to get it. Now if there's only a way that I can find out how to be able to switch my sims on days that I want to run out with my ip4.... Hmmm

Just unlock the APN.

From your iPhone, just go to "http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/" and then click Continue. At this point, choose Custom APN and scroll down to "carrier". Choose "US - AT&T" and then click create profile. On the next screen, click 'Install" and you'll be all set after that. Now you can use the data with a BB
plan on the iPhone if you're connected to 3G.

When you go to the website the page should be rendered in an iPhone type
format. If for some reason you're getting the full web page, then just Google
"Unlock iPhone APN" from the browser and the iPhone rendered page you need
will be one of the first in the search results. The whole process here takes no
more than a minute.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

and I JB because I was curious, but it screwed up my iPad to the point where I had to do a full restore. I used jailbreakme.com

Granted, I may JB again, I may not, but at the moment there is nothing that is worth JB for

What?

I have to ask...and yes, this is stirring the pot, but why are you even here? (IE: the iPhone portion of this site) You almost NEVER have any useful information or assistance to give anyone (given you don't own an iPhone, which is a whole other question in itself why you're posting in an iPhone forum). Are you really that bored with the other THOUSANDS of forums out there on the planet (not to mention the other half dozen sub forums on this site), about things you could possibly relate to or have useful tidbits of info to share?

I'm sure you'll retort with some derogatory lashing about how its a free country and you can do what you want where you want and blah blah blah, but really...would it be too much to ask for you to go get an iPhone and have some semblance of logic as to your being here before you start spouting off this kind of absurd and asinine information (regarding the nature of JB's, amongst other things).

Last edited:

gom4381

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Had The Nexus S.... Hated it.

I switched back to Tmobile when the Nexus S came out. Waste of time and money. Went back to ATT after 1 day. Paid the cancellation fee and now I am month to month. I can get the new iPhone when it comes out. That's the only silver lining in all of this. I could have went back and not paid the ETF but I was on a family plan. iOS > Android. That's my piece.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I switched back to Tmobile when the Nexus S came out. Waste of time and money. Went back to ATT after 1 day. Paid the cancellation fee and now I am month to month. I can get the new iPhone when it comes out. That's the only silver lining in all of this. I could have went back and not paid the ETF but I was on a family plan. iOS > Android. That's my piece.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Nexus S come out yesterday? So you are saying that you switched for a day and ended up paying the ETF? And switched back to AT&T Today?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

Like a lot of comments around here, this one doesn't acknowledge the subjectiveness of the topic.

Factually, there IS more to jail breaking than the two things you describe. We could list them, but there's not much point. Additionally, saying there is nothing worth jail breaking for suggests that everyone has the same wants and needs, which is a shortsighted way of considering these things.

I'm trying to be diplomatic here, because I am confident there's no malicious intent on your part. But, y'know, think it through a little more.

gom4381

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Nexus S come out yesterday? So you are saying that you switched for a day and ended up paying the ETF? And switched back to AT&T Today?

I did exactly that. I was on a family plan and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I ported to Tmobile when the Nexus S came out on Thursday and ported back this morning(Friday). Didn't like the Nexus and the iPhone is superior in every way. So the ETF was paid and now I am month-to-month. I could have went back but didn't want to be on a family plan. So no BS here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR