Ok....I came back..to Iphone 4

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Evo 2 different times. Had one, sold it. Got a IP4 and sent it back. Got another Evo, realized how much i hated being on a charger all the time and it ate my 32GB card for no reason. Went back to a trusty Blackberry 9650 with OS6 on it, but after being on a Evo and IP4 the Blackberry was just a piece of crap.(Sorry BB fans,but it just is). Today I went back to another IP4 and I'm very happy now. It does every thing the BB will do and more. and I can sell my chargers now for the EVO!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that is holding me back from the iPhone is AT&T.

I do plan on getting that extended battery for my EVO for around $70. Fell it will be worth the investment.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
At my company's remote report office, we had barely 1 to 1 bar of service. I called AT&T cust service and in 4 days, I was sent a micro cell for $0. Those micro cells are amazing.

Anyway.. Welcome back!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the EVO is fine since it has sense. With out sense its just another android phone. You really have to use it to get what I mean, and not judge pictures you see on the internet.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I too tried the Evo two different times. First when it came out and I left my 3GS. Then after the i4 I
tried the Evo again. Didn't take so went back to i4. Good thing I hadn't sold it. Then tried an Incredible
and then a Droid 2. After that, went back to i4. Recently went to a Droid X, and I absolutely loved that
phone. But at the end of the day, I'm back with the i4. But I was really, really leaning towards keeping
that Droid X but ease of use won the i4 back for me.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well yeah I'd take the iPhone over the Droid X. Moto Blur is not that great to begin with. Sense is the only Android GUI that I think makes Android worth using, not just because of the black, sliver and lime green colors, but the social networking integration and contact list integration with those social networks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well yeah I'd take the iPhone over the Droid X. Moto Blur is not that great to begin with. Sense is the only Android GUI that I think makes Android worth using, not just because of the black, sliver and lime green colors, but the social networking integration and contact list integration with those social networks.

Within an hour of owning it, I rooted and custom ROM'd that sucker with Rubix.
I hated Sense and I remember doing a ROM with that too. I used Launcher Pro
on both. Wasn't even a problem.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Some don't like sense. I do. its a whole lot better then the stock GUI and to be honest, even though it takes time getting used to, seems a bit ahead of the cartoon-ish looking iOS. Now iOs is still a great looking OS, but in my opinion its 4 years old. Its really time for a change, or at least some minor tweaks. There is an update to sense (Sense 2.0) that should polish things up a little. That should arrive in time for Gingerbread.

bikedogrun

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok... I will admit it - I LOVE Sense! I also love IOS. I'm a bit opposite to the OP, I have been solidly Android for well over a year. Right now I have 2 rooted Droid Eris. One running xtrSense and the 2nd on xtrROM. Only the 2nd is "live" on Verizon... the other is back-up and WiFi only.

In the last 9-10 months I've had 3 different (always White :>) ) iPhone 3GS 16 mg. The 1st two lasted 1-2 months each before I'd end up back on a Sense-based Android phone. The latest 3GS (only had for 8 days) and probably the most beat-up of the 3 (all were used from eBay) is jail-broken and running 4.1 ... yet for some unfathomable reason it looks like the (finally) keeper. For whatever reason, suddenly IOS with multi-tasking + Lockinfo + SBSettings + 5 icon dock has shunted Android to the sidelines and I've used the 3GS exclusively since receiving it!

Go figure, I can't !!!

/BD

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I think Apple should really improve iOS in the multitasking and notifications areas. I have my facebook set up so each time someone responds to a wall post I make I get a text notification and i can even respond to the post via text. Now of course if I had the iphone I would disable that, unless I had unlimited texting but I know I would get a lot purple pop ups if I don't. Even on the iPad its tough. Your in the middle of a game or movie and BOOM! pop up shows up. Like Apple says, a person shouldn't have to think about it. Have all the notifications be done in the background either via an android style status bar swipe, the lock screen, swipe to the left and have it show up bellow the search box or with in a widget.

As for multitasking. No one has really hit the right nail on the right head. Could Apple be the first with 5.0 or will android beat them with 3.0? What about Web OS? Personnaly I'd like to see what Apple has up their sleves. The current set up is nice, but come on, I shouldn't have to close each app one by one.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Jailbroken iPhone >>>>> Anything Android

In a way, yes. One of the reasons that I tried Android was because I hated
trying to piecemeal things together like lockinfo+notifier, etc. Just common
things that we would like the OS to come with already. Even though I'm using
my iPhone again because ease of use, an Android phone (one of the newest
of the year) with a custom ROM is much better than a jailbroken iPhone. To me
at least. But I'm iPhone all the way again.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Expect you don't void your warenty or install malware or flasy myspace like themes.

and don't give me the whole "well just restore" Why shpould I? that is more trouble for what its worth.

For someone who has no clue, you sure seem determined to have an opinion on jailbreaking :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR