Keyboard doesn't show up

boss75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed an interesting little bug since I upgraded to 4.2. Sometimes when I'm answering a text message where the keyboard is still hidden I will tap the screen on the text line to bring up the keyboard and it's just an empty space. I've attached a pic so you can see what I mean. It's not really a bother because I can back out to all messages and then tap the person I'm having a conversation with again and the keyboard will be present. I just thought it was an odd bug and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I would restore the phone as new with 4.2 again and see if that fixes your issue. If you merely updated or restored from a backup when you originally put 4.2 on your iPhone that may be part of the problem. Restoring as new will eliminate any previous OS's and let you start from scratch. Beware that you will have to enter all of your information and settings anew so make sure you back up your contacts and other information to the appropriate applications on your computer before you restore.

Reactions: boss75

boss75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty much was I was thinking I would have to do to fix it. But like I said it really doesn't bother me that much because it happens so infrequently that I haven't felt the need to restore and redo my whole phone. I'll probably just end up living with it unless it starts happening a lot more. Basically I thought it was interesting as a bug and just wanted to share.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked in general settings under "keyboards" to make sure there's no settings messed up or anything in there...maybe the default keyboard is attaching to foreign keyboard or iemoji keyboard you dont have loaded? Just a thought before going through a full restore.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen twice and when I force close the messaging app and reopen, it is fine again.

It happened once when I first installed 4.2.1 and I had restored for another reason and it has happened one time since.

boss75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked in general settings under "keyboards" to make sure there's no settings messed up or anything in there...maybe the default keyboard is attaching to foreign keyboard or iemoji keyboard you dont have loaded? Just a thought before going through a full restore.

I checked the settings and everything is normal. I'm not going to restore. I'll just back out and relaunch every once in a while. Doesn't really bother me. Yet

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods