Odd Wi-Fi Problem

astaf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a second hand iPhone 3G. The wifi of the device is having this problem:

After turning on the wifi, the searching circle appears for a full turn and then dissappears for 10 seconds. This continues forever and finds no networks while there ARE wireless networks in the coverage.

I uploaded a video on YouTube.

YouTube - iPhone 3G Wi-Fi Problem

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank for the video... was really helpful.

This unfortunately happened to my brother..... your Wi-Fi is fried! You need a replacement :(

Sorry

astaf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the delay,

I'm sorry that this also happened to your bro. So what did you do about it?

Thanks for the interest.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
tried everything and eventually had to go to Apple. They ran a behaviour scan tests and told me there was a hardware fault. Had it swapped out as was still in warranty.

I recommend you do that as it is very likely to be hardware related

astaf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies,

Swapping won't work for me because the phone is already out of warranty. So you think any iphone store would be able to fix it?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
it may do, problem is it that its not easy to tell what exact part needs replacing. I would go to Apple if possible but as pizzafootball said, there are a few sites that will fix it for you... my guess is they will cost just as much and the work would be guarenteed.

iFixit has a good break down of how to get inside the phone though if you wanna take a crack at it yourself iPhone 3G Repair Manual - iFixit

Reactions: astaf

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73