okay first off, I have an iphone 3GS 16g/jailbroken OS 4.1 firmware 05.14.02....everything worked fine then I'm trying to sell it and so I went to setting and reset content and everything else and all I see is the apple logo on it for hoursssss.....so I tried to put it on DFU mode, and I've been trying to restore it with itune but all I see on itune is "error message 3194" pops up....and now I dont know what to do anymore....I really need to get this fixed, pleaseeeee helpppp meeee!!!! thanks!!
    12-05-2010 09:23 PM
    How are you going about the reset? Are you just clicking the reset button in iTunes and choosing restore as new?
    12-05-2010 09:38 PM
    How did you jailbreak? if you used pwnage tool try shift+restore with the ipsw. This will wipe everything from the phone and the phone will stay JBen.
    12-05-2010 11:30 PM
    I went to setting and reset content and everything else and all I see is the apple logo on it for hoursssss.....so I tried to put it on DFU mode...
    Sounds like you interrupted the reset process--it can take a LONG time since the phone overwrites all your info several times for security purposes. Try the shift+restore Ipheuria recommends...failing that keep trying to update to 4.2 with iTunes.
    12-05-2010 11:45 PM
    I guess you reset all settings on the iPhone rather then through iTunes... normally takes an hour to erase all content and settings.

This happened to me on my 3G... resetting (holding power and home button for 10 secs) then connecting it to another PC/Mac and restoring worked for me.

If you want to know the technical reasons keep reading...
    The phone is in an uninteruptiable state when you erase all content and settings and normal 'get me out' procedures like DFU mode are ignored. I assume you connected to the PC your iPhone is synced to when trying to restore.... the reason you get the error is because the PC cannot connect to the phone to verify the device drivers (insert error code). When you connect to another PC however it installs NEW drivers and connects to itunes.
    12-06-2010 07:41 AM
    well my screen is been on an apple logo for hours now....and im talking about hours (over 24 hrs), i was checking out on youtube how to fix and i got to the point that my screen has "connect to itune" but when i go to restore then it just went back to the same problem again with 3194 message.
    Last edited by thaiger; 12-06-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    12-06-2010 12:47 PM
    Have you tried on another PC/Mac??

You also may have a corrupt version of the firmware. Browse to;
    On Windows:
    Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

On Mac:
    ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

and delete the firmware (.ipsw files)

Then when you restore it will redownload the firmware fresh from Apple. But try a different PC/Mac 1st.
    12-07-2010 06:56 AM
    well my screen is been on an apple logo for hours now....and im talking about hours (over 24 hrs), i was checking out on youtube how to fix and i got to the point that my screen has "connect to itune" but when i go to restore then it just went back to the same problem again with 3194 message.
    We have all given you things to try so it would help i you told us which ones you've tried and also answer some of the questions asked. Anyway try getting the phone into DFU mode it's very hard to do and you might think that's what you're doing but it's actually in restore mode. The DFU mode has a black screen but iTunes will still recognize a phone as being in restore mode. The difference is DFU mode will allow you to restore the firmware without loading the firmware currently on the phone. You may also just have a fried chip or some hardware problem I had that with a 3Gs I was trying to restore for a friend. I tried every trick in the book and in the end had to get it replaced at Apple.
    12-07-2010 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD