Iphone 4 videocall

yiannisbot

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi gyes!
I was wondering what is happening with the video call feature of the new iphone 4.
In fact I haven't bought it yet.
My question is : Are we able to call with the tango , fring apps, or after jailbreaking, with my3g app, other people over 3g, on any 3g device?
That means, not only to androids, or symbian or nokia or iphones, that the advertisements of at least the 2 first apps that I saw, say.
For example, now I have an lg gt505 phone with which I can make a videocall to any device with 3g and a front camera....
Could it be done like that in iphone 4 as well?

Please any answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance
Yiannis

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi gyes!
I was wondering what is happening with the video call feature of the new iphone 4.
In fact I haven't bought it yet.
My question is : Are we able to call with the tango , fring apps, or after jailbreaking, with my3g app, other people over 3g, on any 3g device?
That means, not only to androids, or symbian or nokia or iphones, that the advertisements of at least the 2 first apps that I saw, say.
For example, now I have an lg gt505 phone with which I can make a videocall to any device with 3g and a front camera....
Could it be done like that in iphone 4 as well?

Please any answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance
Yiannis

As far as I know. Facetime" is only to Apple devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch and the mac. Thats great if all your friends have apple devices.

There is no Qik App for iOS, and I'm sure there wont be. I used qik last night with an old friend. She didn't have a smart phone, but I gave her a link to my qik profile and she got to watch be broadcast live. (Perhaps a simler thing for iPhone 5 with those new servers in NC?)

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
FaceTime calling is only between Apple products that support FaceTime, which includes...

iPhone 4
iPod Touch 4
Any Mac that has the FaceTime app installed - [[URL="https://www.apple.com/macos/what-is/#mn_p]link[/URL]]

FaceTime also ONLY works via WiFi (unless you jailbreak, in which case you can add hacks that allow it to work over 3G).

Any other third-party, non-Apple made video calling apps have their own support and requirements. You listed a number of different apps. Best thing to do is to go to those apps individual web sites and research there.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
FaceTime calling is only between Apple products that support FaceTime, which includes...

iPhone 4
iPod Touch 4
Any Mac that has the FaceTime app installed - [[URL="https://www.apple.com/macos/what-is/#mn_p]link[/URL]]

FaceTime also ONLY works via WiFi (unless you jailbreak, in which case you can add hacks that allow it to work over 3G).

Any other third-party, non-Apple made video calling apps have their own support and requirements. You listed a number of different apps. Best thing to do is to go to those apps individual web sites and research there.

Yep. Wi-fi only. But you can blame AT&T for that. (Or Apple for not being more open on the number of networks the device could have been on)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
But to answer the original question, yes you can use Tango (over 3G even) to have video chat with your friends who have Android devices, as well as other devices that support Tango (including the iPhone 3GS - if you want to see what they're looking at, rather than them).

You can also use Yahoo for video chat on the iPhone 4 using your front camera with a pc or Mac or any other device that supports Yahoo with video.

yiannisbot

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all of you.
My question though was more specific at the level of : Is it possible to make a video call, (if it is jailbroken) with the applications that I already mentioned, with no android devices but with any kind of device that supports 3g? For example my device lg gt505 is not a smart phone nor an android or symbian but it supports 3g and when I ve got 3g reception it is possible for me to make video calls to any device that has 3g reception.
I am not sure though what the term qik means..
Thanks a lot one more time gyes.
Thanks a lot.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all of you.
My question though was more specific at the level of : Is it possible to make a video call, (if it is jailbroken) with the applications that I already mentioned, with no android devices but with any kind of device that supports 3g? For example my device lg gt505 is not a smart phone nor an android or symbian but it supports 3g and when I ve got 3g reception it is possible for me to make video calls to any device that has 3g reception.
I am not sure though what the term qik means..
Thanks a lot one more time gyes.
Thanks a lot.

Qik is a video chat software for your mobile phone. You can also stream video live over to qik.com (great for those who don't have a mac or an iDevice)

as far as the other question. I don't think so. Both phones would need to have that same app.

MacLup

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Tango on my iPhone 4 and I REALLY like it. Tango is pretty impressive. It works flawless for me and my friends but I cannot guarantee that would be the case for everyone. Tango works very well on 3G. FaceTime is awesome too. I think having both is more than anyone could ask for.

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I like tango as well, but it needs more functionality and updates. sometimes it has troubles connecting or wont pull up the person im trying to video with; fring's new update has definitely made it even better

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro