iPhone 4 on Tmobile?

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Glad to be on this forum. There are some really interesting active threads.

I recently ordered a factory unlocked iPhone 4 and am waiting (somewhat) patiently for it to arrive.

I was wondering if anyone out there has activated an unlocked iphone on TMobile. Have you had success?

Thanks.....

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've never used a factory unlocked phone. But if you intend on using the iPhone 4 on T-Mobile, keep in mind that the iPhone 4 now uses a Micro Sim (much smaller than T-Mobile's). You may want to look for one of those sim cutter tools too.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile US or T-Mobile Europe? They are two different companies with 2 different technologies.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile US or T-Mobile Europe? They are two different companies with 2 different technologies.
I would have to assume he's talking US. Because, T-Mobile UK actually carries the iPhone 4. And even buying an iPhone 4 @ Retail would be worlds cheaper than tracking down a factory unlock and paying for one of those.

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
One thing you must always remember is to never update unless there is an unlock! And, always save your SHSH blobs too with TinyUmbrella

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't know why you make the assumption that just cause a carrier carries the iPhone 4 a customer would choose the locked version. May I offer our own Rene Ritchie as the perfect example? All the Canadian carriers have the iP4, but he got the unlocked model.

Actually, most of my friends in Europe chose to purchase unlocked.

I would have to assume he's talking US. Because, T-Mobile UK actually carries the iPhone 4. And even buying an iPhone 4 @ Retail would be worlds cheaper than tracking down a factory unlock and paying for one of those.

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, T-Mobile USA.

And I do have the Sim cutter. I just hope it works!

I'm hoping the phone shows up tomorrow, because I'm getting really impatient!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He's pointing out an issue that wont apply to you...something that factory LOCKED phones have to worry about after being hacked into an "unlocked" state.

btw...you will need to do a few settings and things to make facetime work on tmobile, and i think visual voicemail is still a no go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbird1

-ND4SPD-

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
So if you're a current T-Mobile US subscriber & you buy an unlocked 3GS can you just pop in your current sim card & be up & running? Or do you need to contact T-Mobile & have them do anything?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So if you're a current T-Mobile US subscriber & you buy an unlocked 3GS can you just pop in your current sim card & be up & running? Or do you need to contact T-Mobile & have them do anything?

If its unlocked, then yes, just put your sim in it and you are good to go.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I've never used a factory unlocked phone. But if you intend on using the iPhone 4 on T-Mobile, keep in mind that the iPhone 4 now uses a Micro Sim (much smaller than T-Mobile's). You may want to look for one of those sim cutter tools too.

Oh I'm hardcore I cut my cousins t-mobile sim card with scissors. Jammed it in the phone. well I didn't do that, but it took some effort to fit it to the tray.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Glad to be on this forum. There are some really interesting active threads.

I recently ordered a factory unlocked iPhone 4 and am waiting (somewhat) patiently for it to arrive.

I was wondering if anyone out there has activated an unlocked iphone on TMobile. Have you had success?

Thanks.....

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mob. Any specific questions?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner