Hey all,

Glad to be on this forum. There are some really interesting active threads.

I recently ordered a factory unlocked iPhone 4 and am waiting (somewhat) patiently for it to arrive.

I was wondering if anyone out there has activated an unlocked iphone on TMobile. Have you had success?

Thanks.....
    12-05-2010 01:49 AM
    I've never used a factory unlocked phone. But if you intend on using the iPhone 4 on T-Mobile, keep in mind that the iPhone 4 now uses a Micro Sim (much smaller than T-Mobile's). You may want to look for one of those sim cutter tools too.
    12-05-2010 12:43 PM
    T-Mobile US or T-Mobile Europe? They are two different companies with 2 different technologies.
    12-05-2010 12:58 PM
    T-Mobile US or T-Mobile Europe? They are two different companies with 2 different technologies.
    I would have to assume he's talking US. Because, T-Mobile UK actually carries the iPhone 4. And even buying an iPhone 4 @ Retail would be worlds cheaper than tracking down a factory unlock and paying for one of those.
    12-05-2010 01:42 PM
    One thing you must always remember is to never update unless there is an unlock! And, always save your SHSH blobs too with TinyUmbrella
    12-05-2010 02:16 PM
    I don't know why you make the assumption that just cause a carrier carries the iPhone 4 a customer would choose the locked version. May I offer our own Rene Ritchie as the perfect example? All the Canadian carriers have the iP4, but he got the unlocked model.

Actually, most of my friends in Europe chose to purchase unlocked.

I would have to assume he's talking US. Because, T-Mobile UK actually carries the iPhone 4. And even buying an iPhone 4 @ Retail would be worlds cheaper than tracking down a factory unlock and paying for one of those.
    12-05-2010 03:27 PM
    Sorry, T-Mobile USA.

And I do have the Sim cutter. I just hope it works!

I'm hoping the phone shows up tomorrow, because I'm getting really impatient!
    12-05-2010 04:28 PM
    One thing you must always remember is to never update unless there is an unlock! And, always save your SHSH blobs too with TinyUmbrella
    Forgive my ignorance. I'm coming from Android/Blackberry/Windows mobile.

Sorry but I don't know what you mean.....
    12-05-2010 04:36 PM
    He's pointing out an issue that wont apply to you...something that factory LOCKED phones have to worry about after being hacked into an "unlocked" state.

btw...you will need to do a few settings and things to make facetime work on tmobile, and i think visual voicemail is still a no go.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 12-05-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Redbird1 likes this.
    12-05-2010 04:48 PM
    So if you're a current T-Mobile US subscriber & you buy an unlocked 3GS can you just pop in your current sim card & be up & running? Or do you need to contact T-Mobile & have them do anything?
    12-19-2010 09:22 PM
    So if you're a current T-Mobile US subscriber & you buy an unlocked 3GS can you just pop in your current sim card & be up & running? Or do you need to contact T-Mobile & have them do anything?
    If its unlocked, then yes, just put your sim in it and you are good to go.
    12-20-2010 10:50 AM
    I've never used a factory unlocked phone. But if you intend on using the iPhone 4 on T-Mobile, keep in mind that the iPhone 4 now uses a Micro Sim (much smaller than T-Mobile's). You may want to look for one of those sim cutter tools too.
    Oh I'm hardcore I cut my cousins t-mobile sim card with scissors. Jammed it in the phone. well I didn't do that, but it took some effort to fit it to the tray.
    12-20-2010 11:08 AM
    Bump for answer please
    12-20-2010 01:04 PM
    Bump for answer please
    look at my post on top of this page. You should be good to go by putting the sim in.
    12-20-2010 01:24 PM
    Will you get a 3G signal on T-Mobile USA with the iPhone 4?
    12-20-2010 02:11 PM
    Will you get a 3G signal on T-Mobile USA with the iPhone 4?
    No. Different radio frequencies.
    12-20-2010 02:13 PM
    No. Different radio frequencies.
    That's what I was thinking. I had someone tell me that they got 3G on their iPhone 4 on T-Mobile USA...
    12-20-2010 02:14 PM
    That's what I was thinking. I had someone tell me that they got 3G on their iPhone 4 on T-Mobile USA...
    They're either lying or can't read the display.
    12-20-2010 03:45 PM
    They're either lying or can't read the display.
    That just about sums it up!
    12-20-2010 04:41 PM
    Hey all,

Glad to be on this forum. There are some really interesting active threads.

I recently ordered a factory unlocked iPhone 4 and am waiting (somewhat) patiently for it to arrive.

I was wondering if anyone out there has activated an unlocked iphone on TMobile. Have you had success?

Thanks.....
    I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mob. Any specific questions?
    12-20-2010 07:17 PM
    It would only make sense
    12-21-2010 11:10 AM
    if you rely on unlocks dont jailbreak until you know for sure that there definately is one and make sure its official information aswell
    12-23-2010 06:37 AM
    My husband bought me a factory unlocked iphone4 for Christmas. The phone is a canadian unlocked phone that was used for less than a month. I have Tmobile US. I cut my sim card down and put it in but the phone is still not working. Could it be that I just cut the sim card wrong? Are there any settings in the phone that need to be changed or would I be best off to do a factory reset and start over?
    Any advice would be very appreciated! Thanks
    12-26-2010 03:56 PM
    When you say the phone is not working - what is it doing exactly? Does it not turn on? Does it give you an error message?
    12-27-2010 09:24 AM
    When you say the phone is not working - what is it doing exactly? Does it not turn on? Does it give you an error message?
    It's not allowing any phone functions. Calls just say "failed." When I connect it to iTunes, it says something about the sim card not being provisioned? Unfortunately, I can't repeat it right now because I had to activate a new regular sim so I could use my old phone until I figure this out.
    12-27-2010 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD