Apples new patent let's you project 3D on the wall

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't stand those 3D glasses

I think 3D glasses are just barely tolerable in a theater, since you're getting such a huge experience. But at home, forget it. The only time I'll ever wear glasses at night is when I'm wearing shades and playing poker.

So good for Apple. Not sure exactly how Apple plans to use their 3D display patent. Makes zero sense for iPhone 5 unless you can shoot 3D video with iPhone 5. Extremely unlikely. And there is so little 3D media available yet. And it would hurt battery life because of the processing power needed, etc. etc.

Could Apple throw a 3D projector into a future MacBook Pro? A future iPad?Maybe, but the problem with that is that while you're showing video, you can't move your MacBook Pro or iPad. You can't "use it" for anything else because you'd move it and mess up the video presentation.

Of course, Apple just might be planning to move into home entertainment in a bigger way than Apple TV + iTunes. Maybe a separate 3D projector version of Apple TV? You could AirPlay 3D video to the "AppleTV 3D" and project it onto your wall (with that special screen).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods