Is the iphone 4 still a good buy

rodney0905

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I have not used an iphone since the 3g. I have been an Android and WebOS user since then. It seems like a new iphone comes out every june. Is the iphone 4 still a good buy or should I just wait till the iphone 5 comes out?

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I love mine but you have to think what is going to be offered different between the 4 and 5? Maybe 4G? New build with no antenna problem? Glassgate? But the OS can only get better... It's a tough decision... Good luck!!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You still have atleast half a year before any new iPhone will come out...the iPhone 4 compared to the other iPhones is far superior in many ways and has a few issues people find either no big deal or a deal breaker...the worth of the phone is really irrelevant from my opinion to your own because what you might find useless i might find i cant live without and vice versa...

A good buy? For $199, i havent found a phone that touches it...but thats my opinion.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have to agree with Sean. I don't know if any phone on the market that does all the iPhone 4 can do...and do it anywhere near as effortlessly and smoothly. It's not perfect...but it's the phone everybody is trying to beat...and that says tons.

Have you ever hear of a "BlackBerry Beater" or an "Android Beater"...? Nope! Every company wants their phone to be an iPhone beater.

All for $199? Yeah, I'd say it's still a great deal!

JamesC1119

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, every other generation of the iPhone I have always eagerly awaited the next revision. The iPhone 4 is the first generation that has me thinking I may be able to skip a model before I upgrade again. It's that good. If the next gen have NFC built in I will probably bite the bullet and buy it but if not I will likely hold on to my iPhone 4.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love mine but you have to think what is going to be offered different between the 4 and 5? Maybe 4G? New build with no antenna problem? Glassgate? But the OS can only get better... It's a tough decision... Good luck!!!

I'd wait solly fir the purpose of it being on more networks. Verizon just announced their LTE network, so if there is in fact a Verizon iPhone chances are it will be on LTE. The more networks its on, the more choice you have to choose your plans.

iPhone 5 will no doubt have 4G networking. I don't think there will be much of a design change till iPhone 6

as for the attena problem or "glasgate" none of those are really an "issue" I wishn people will stop making them sound bigger then it actully is.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site

I agree with Fubaracing, its really quite tough one to decide.. Iphone4 is the best one currently.. But have to wait and see how 5 is gonna be..

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait solly fir the purpose of it being on more networks. Verizon just announced their LTE network, so if there is in fact a Verizon iPhone chances are it will be on LTE. The more networks its on, the more choice you have to choose your plans.

iPhone 5 will no doubt have 4G networking. I don't think there will be much of a design change till iPhone 6

as for the attena problem or "glasgate" none of those are really an "issue" I wishn people will stop making them sound bigger then it actully is.

Actually, most reports are saying that it wont be on LTE, and will be CDMA still.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I mean its been out for half a year, and another will be out in 6 more months. Its really half and half. This iPhone is a huge upgrade, I don't know if the next iPhone will be as big as this one or what else they could possibly add but every new phone is better than the last. You can wait if you can, but this one is as good as it gets (so far).

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing faster for the iPhone 5. Faster doing what? The only real time wait I have is due to network lag which is the same even if the processor was twice as fast.

I think also the retinal display marks maturity for this product. You can't make the display better. It's peaked or plateaued or whatever you want to say. From here on it won't be major breakthroughs like the display of the 4 over the 3x. It will be tweaks, bells and whistles. As networks improve, the iPhones (and all phones) will improve but that's hardly a breakthrough.

Look to the iPad not the iPhone for major improvements. The iPhone is a mature product.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Answer these questions and you'll know your answer :D

1) Do you love AT&T? Or at least can live with AT&T?
-Yes- Then go to #2
-No- Wait for iPhone 5 to see if it comes out on your carrier of choice.

2) What do you think about antenna and glass-gate? Problems that put a doubt in your mind? Or unrealistic expectations blown up by the media to be a bigger problem than it is?
-Not a problem- Go to #3
-A big deal- Wait for iPhone 5

3) Do you need the latest and greatest? Will you regret your purchase when the shiny, sexy new iPhone 5 comes out in June? Like it will bother you until you get the iPhone 5?
-No- then get a iPhone 4
-Yes- go to 4)

4) Are you willing to shift your iPhone 4 on ebay, craigslist to finance the purchase? Or as Jay-Z & JD once said, "Money ain't a thang"?
-yes- get the iPhone 4, then get the iPhone 5
-no- get the iPhone 5

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
your right, but as with any tech product, theres always room for improvement.

The problem with improving mature products is that often what you improve for some folks you make worse for others.

IMO, the display of my iPhone 4 is ideal. Leave it alone. I have no problem reading ebooks from normal book distance. Yet others here are saying make it bigger which will be a misery for me. You can't get a bigger screen w/o making a bigger phone and that's the misery - lost convenience. I already have a huge iPhone but w/o the phone part. It's called an iPad.

maigrane

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I purchased iphone 3gs only a year ago. Is it THAT better so I should replace my iphone 3GS for iphone 4? Or should I just wait for iphone 5 to come out?

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Nobody can answer that for you. I think the display of the 4 so good, I couldn't go back to the 3. What's that worth to you? Since I use my 4 for an ebook reader, it's worth A LOT to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2