Has anyone else noticed that you don't get that cool swoosh noise when you receive a text and you're in the Messages App since updating to 4.2?

I hate that I get my normal text notification if I'm in the Message list or a person other than the conversation I'm in sends me a message. It sure would be nice to change this back.
    11-30-2010 09:48 PM
    i actually like it better the way it is now. i would never hear it before so its a nice change for me
    12-01-2010 12:58 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that you don't get that cool swoosh noise when you receive a text and you're in the Messages App since updating to 4.2?

I hate that I get my normal text notification if I'm in the Message list or a person other than the conversation I'm in sends me a message. It sure would be nice to change this back.
    Yeah I think it's dumb too.
    12-01-2010 09:15 AM
    Don't you get the notice net to the message name with a (#). If you get a new txt while in a txt you can see it when the number shows up.

I have not upgraded to 4.2.1 yet, but I don't really see the need for a tone if you are already in the message app. The number should suffice to tell you there is a new txt.
    12-01-2010 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD