I remember reading somewhere that it was best to do a update and Restore as new when Updating iPhone OS I did the 4.1 to 4.2 Update yesterday on my iPhone 3GS and I don't remember getting the option to restore as new at the end. I didn't use it much after I did this update but I noticed the battery life was a little better, but also noticed that things are not as snappy/quick, Like launching apps and internet. It did help turning off then turning on my iPhone. I may give it a day or so and restore it.

What is the recommended way to update iPhone OS?

Thanks
    11-28-2010 09:06 AM
    Unless you are having issues with your current setup, just update and don't restore.
    11-28-2010 10:06 AM
    I always restore and set it up as new. That way I'm sure I have the best performance in the iOS.
    11-28-2010 04:32 PM
    I wouldn't do restore. You'll loose any saved games/scores you have. Or if you had in app purchases you'll likely loose those too.
    11-28-2010 10:45 PM
    I wouldn't do restore. You'll loose any saved games/scores you have. Or if you had in app purchases you'll likely loose those too.
    If you sync or backup before you restore, you wont lose a thing.
    11-29-2010 02:59 AM
    I always restore and set it up as new. That way I'm sure I have the best performance in the iOS.
    This what I also do just tryed it differently this time. I may do a restore on it, I know I was at an Apple Store a while back and overheard a Tech say this to somebody also.
    11-29-2010 08:19 AM
    It depends on if you want to lose your data. I always did a restore and set up the iOS update as a new phone.

Until 4.2.1 that is, I can notice a little lag. But keeping my saves and information is worth it.
    11-29-2010 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD