Is there a recommended way to Update iPhone OS?

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that it was best to do a update and Restore as new when Updating iPhone OS I did the 4.1 to 4.2 Update yesterday on my iPhone 3GS and I don't remember getting the option to restore as new at the end. I didn't use it much after I did this update but I noticed the battery life was a little better, but also noticed that things are not as snappy/quick, Like launching apps and internet. It did help turning off then turning on my iPhone. I may give it a day or so and restore it.

What is the recommended way to update iPhone OS?

Thanks

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I always restore and set it up as new. That way I'm sure I have the best performance in the iOS.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't do restore. You'll loose any saved games/scores you have. Or if you had in app purchases you'll likely loose those too.

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I always restore and set it up as new. That way I'm sure I have the best performance in the iOS.

This what I also do just tryed it differently this time. I may do a restore on it, I know I was at an Apple Store a while back and overheard a Tech say this to somebody also.

Lifein2D

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It depends on if you want to lose your data. I always did a restore and set up the iOS update as a new phone.

Until 4.2.1 that is, I can notice a little lag. But keeping my saves and information is worth it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner