Okay so is this "glassgate" a real issue?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I think it's a load of crap from "haters" that are just jealous because they can't afford an iPhone. But I figure I'd ask the tipb community. Do you have a slider case on your iPhone, and has it scratched the glass on the back?

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the incase slider on my iPhone 4 and it did scratch the glass. So no I don't think it's made up plus I thought the "glassgate" issue had to do with the slider cases cracking the glass not just scratching it!?

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This is an issue with the case manufacturers, NOT with Apple. The cases mentioned are too tight, and dust particles get pressed extremely hard against the glass. This was an extremely common issue on the plastic iPhones as well.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
:D

I personally think the whole thing was blown up by the media. Though I never heard of Glass Gate till Georga/Rene said it in the TIPB LIVE few weeks back.

If the media gets a hold of something they always blow it up.

Unless your Mel Gibson

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The only part of the iPhone 4 I've had issues with scratching is the stupid steal band. My first iPhone 4 had a awesome scratch on it from the stupid Apple bumper case. My current iPhone 4 still looks good though. :)

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Every phone I have ever had (before the iPhone - where I got an Otterbox) with a hard case on it ended up with scratches from said cases.

Lifein2D

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've used an Apple Bumper and that scratched the metal band a bit.

But the whole glassgate thing is blown out proportion in my opinion. Just like Antennagate was. As long as you clean the case and there's no dirt when you put the case on it should be fine.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I got a couple small scratches on the back glass from setting my iPhone 4 down on tables and such, so I got a case. No more scratches!

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Just goes to show how much the tech press hates apple. They want to form apple in it's own image. They hate it when they are marginalized as apple does not give a hoot what they think or say and really do not even know they exist.

This is fine. I understand their frustration. What I do not understand is why in the name of all that is holy do most of these tech guys have and even prefer apple products? If you hate the way they do business why do you support this "evil" company with your money? Whether it's cnet or gdgt or gizmodo they for some weird reason buy apple products. They claim they are tech agnostic but the bias is oozing from their veins.

Honestly I don't buy a snickers bar and eat it and then start ranting about how much it sucked. Please just stop.

Reactions: timmyb457

timmyb457

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
phones get scratched. it happens with all phones. everyone just wants to cut down the iphone so any little thing that happens with it becomes a huge problem.. i had a slider case on my BB storm and guess what? it scratched it

Last edited:

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Clean your phone and case before placing a case on it. Geez.

Exactly.

It is a good idea to take the case off every once in a while just to clean out the pocket dust that gets trapped in the edges and in between the case and phone.

Did that, I'm quite anal about keeping my phone clean. It still got scratched, its a cell phone, not going to cry about it... Only have until June/July and we'll be getting a new one anyway.;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox