Battery life has been reduced with 4.2.1

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I'm on the iPhone 4 and I was getting really good battery life before. I upgraded and now when I could get 1 hour and 15 minutes of use from 10% battery life on 2g now I get 40 minutes per 10% and my usage hasn't changed.

Any ideas? :$

Thanks guys!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I still havent noticed any sizable battery difference...but ive read so many threads across the web about this same issue. I know it sounds like a stretch, but is there a possibility that given the updates are optimized for 3G, that 2G usage is finally seeing a lesser power consumption advantage?

I dunno, it seems like my battery life has stayed around the same or just "slightly" (and i mean VERY slightly) less.

hopper

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My battery life actually seems better and I keep all the radios (3g/bluetooth/wifi) on. Check your notifications and push apps....

I still havent noticed any sizable battery difference...but ive read so many threads across the web about this same issue. I know it sounds like a stretch, but is there a possibility that given the updates are optimized for 3G, that 2G usage is finally seeing a lesser power consumption advantage?

I dunno, it seems like my battery life has stayed around the same or just "slightly" (and i mean VERY slightly) less.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Update: I took off my mobile me account and uninstalled that app to fi d my iPhone and now I'm getting great battery life. Actually better than 4.1. :) great :)

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine is noticeable different. I took my phone off charge at 5:00 AM its not 3:30 PM and Im down to 24%

I have on Wifi and 3G and Bluetooth
I've checked Facebook and twitter today and I've made 4 phone calls each of maybe 5 mins a piece. and Ive been TXTing. 24% is bad!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I posted a week ago about my bad battery life with 4.1 and it possibly being wifi related. It's vastly improved with 4.2 now. I also turned on find my iPhone and it seems better than it was with 4.1.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I posted a week ago about my bad battery life with 4.1 and it possibly being wifi related. It's vastly improved with 4.2 now. I also turned on find my iPhone and it seems better than it was with 4.1.

That's funny how mine is the complete opposite. I couldn't be happier now with battery life.

4de07c5f-2d6a-7591.jpg

That's my usage. :)

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was having problems after the update as well. After deleting my Mobile Me account and adding it back along with adding my gmail and hotmail accounts which were previously forwarded to just the MobileMe account. My battery life is normal now.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My battery life appears to be a tad bit better, however I have noticed a couple small slow downs here and there with the new OS.

four4usc

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
After removing "find my phone app" and deleting the mobile me account, my battery life has really improved. With moderate use I have 68% after 12 hours removed from the charger.

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery life seems better

FWIW, I'm sure my iPhone 4's battery life is better since upgrading to 4.2.1. No empirical data, but it seems to require charging less often...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Upon further review, I have noticed decreased battery life. In the morning I stream our local radio station and on 4.1, the battery would drain to about 81% over an hour and 15 minutes or so. Now with 4.2.1, the same amount of time goes down to about 77%. 4% is a significant drop if you ask me.

MacLup

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting info about Find my iPhone feature. I disabled mine too. Most options that require GPS/location service can easily drain battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73