Me and my fiancee both have an iPhone 3G 16GB. I see them going for in many cases over $200 on ebay so I hope to sell both of ours there.
    We want to upgrade to the iPhone 4 and likely will get the 32GB version.
    With the holidays I am wondering if anyone knows of any good places to buy them. I know Apple will have a Friday sale but with it selling well I don't know how motivated they are for sales.
    I have seen that AT&T offers refurbished which we'd be happy with. As well, I'm interested in other places like Amazon that may sell them since I can buy them tax free. I may be able to get it cheaper than buying refurbished from AT&T.
    Either way I am wondering if anyone knows of good places I can get them refurbished, tax free, or any other sales. Thanks.
    11-25-2010 02:13 AM
    Watch E-bay a couple days prior to listing your 3G up for sale if they are in good shape youvshould be able to get a price close to what you see them going for at the time! It is usually a good idea to start low on price and you should get the price you expect out of them ! As for IPhone 4s it sounds like you have the right idea firvthem as well ! Refurbished will be your best bet if you want to pay a little less for them on the sites you mentioned ! You probably will not find a new iPhone 4 for a much reduced price at this time of the year . Good luck though !
    11-25-2010 08:02 AM
    The JailBroken and Unlocked iPhone 3G seem to be selling the best and for the most over at eBay and CraigsList.
    11-25-2010 09:06 AM
    Best Price: Free!!! lol
    11-25-2010 10:11 AM
    If you want a cheep, realiable source, just buy a refurbished model from At&T. Don't trust Amazon. (or only trust well known vendors, none of these knock off companies) Sure there is no tax, but that only applies if you live in a state that has a sales tax, let alone at the end of the year when you do your taxes it asks you if you done any online purchases from a vendor out of state.
    11-25-2010 12:43 PM
    Me and my fiancee both have an iPhone 3G 16GB. I see them going for in many cases over $200 on ebay so I hope to sell both of ours there.
    We want to upgrade to the iPhone 4 and likely will get the 32GB version.
    With the holidays I am wondering if anyone knows of any good places to buy them. I know Apple will have a Friday sale but with it selling well I don't know how motivated they are for sales.
    I have seen that AT&T offers refurbished which we'd be happy with. As well, I'm interested in other places like Amazon that may sell them since I can buy them tax free. I may be able to get it cheaper than buying refurbished from AT&T.
    Either way I am wondering if anyone knows of good places I can get them refurbished, tax free, or any other sales. Thanks.
    The 3g's going for big bucks on eBay are those which are jailbroke and have Cydia and some Cydia apps installed. Also if you have the box, docs and accessories, that helps.

A bare 3g w/o box or docs and tied to AT&T or something goes for way less. As to cheap iPhone 4's, eBay is a good source if you want one w/o a contract or one already jailbroke.

If you feel like an adventure, replace your 3g battery and make a big deal about it. The cost isn't high for the battery and tools. I've seen a video on it. Doesn't seem difficult but then again I've never tried it.
    11-25-2010 02:55 PM
    Thanks for all the above advice. I plan on buying an iphone 4 within the next month and will look at ebay for when i sell the iPhone 3G's.
    One thing I like is I'm in the unlimited contract with AT&T. Well when I buy the iPhone 4 I know I renew again for 2 years. Will I still be with unlimited data or do I change to 2GB?
    11-26-2010 04:16 AM
    You will retain the unlimited data plan unless you specifically change that, or request tethering service.
    11-26-2010 06:46 AM
    btw...im seeing all kinds of sales for refurbs online. Most of them saying iPhone 4 16GB refurb for $99. Not sure if that's online or in store though, the ads i saw didnt specify.
    11-26-2010 08:50 AM
    Since you already have the unlimited plan you have been grandfathered in.
    11-26-2010 09:22 AM
    btw...im seeing all kinds of sales for refurbs online. Most of them saying iPhone 4 16GB refurb for $99. Not sure if that's online or in store though, the ads i saw didnt specify.
    Can you please furnish a link to one? Thanks.
    11-26-2010 11:24 AM
    Pretty sure it's online only. Just bought 2 this morning for me & the wife.

Sold a Mint Black 8GB 3G for $175 buy it now and a Well used White 16GB 3G also for $175 buy it now.

So, I spent 220 on new phones and made 350 from our old ones.

Sounds like a WIN for me.
    11-26-2010 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD