transfer from BB9000 to iPhone4

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
As i've stated before, i'm getting the iPhone4 in Dec. Just need some more info about what the AT&T guy can transfer over to the new phone. All my music(about 8gbs), ringtones, contacts. What about my memo pad, and calendar alerts? I have appts. scheduled in Jan. and Feb. that are already on my BB. Will all that stuff be on my iPhone when i walk out of the store? I really can't wait to get this bad boy! Maybe i should make separate folders on my PC for all this info? I do have my BB backed up, though.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sync your BB to your Google account now. Then when the guy at AT&T activates your iPhone he can hand it right to you without messing with it. You enter your Google info and your contacts and calendar are there - bam!

Take your memo pad and sync it to Evernote. Once you have the iPhone, download the Evernote app, enter your credentials, and you'll have all your notes.

Your music and ringtones you'll need to sync from your pc anyway.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
If you use yur phone for heavy email, text and talk you will be sorry...I liked the i4 but it is only for light use and music games etc. Your 9000 battery was pretty bad so you will be used to having to charge the iphone twice a day or turn off all the features it is great for...

I am going back to the new bold 9780 because i email way to much and talk.

There is no perfect platform out there, it all depends on ones needs.

Good luck and I hope it works for you!

Sincerely,
King of the trolls

Reactions: anon(631531)

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I send and receive around 100 emails a day on several email accounts using my iPhone4. It takes some getting used to, but I have no problems at all...

Im sure people who switched from a typewriter to a PC had issues at the beginning, but after awhile you get used to it...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Sync your BB to your Google account now. Then when the guy at AT&T activates your iPhone he can hand it right to you without messing with it. You enter your Google info and your contacts and calendar are there - bam!

Take your memo pad and sync it to Evernote. Once you have the iPhone, download the Evernote app, enter your credentials, and you'll have all your notes.

Your music and ringtones you'll need to sync from your pc anyway.

Google worked great, but i'm having trouble syncing my MemoPad to Evernote. Downloaded the app. Is Evernote supposed to automatically sync with MemoPad, or do i input it manually?:confused:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again Alli. I figured it out. Everything syncs with, and is saved to the PC. Sorry if i'm a little slow, but this is all new to me.:D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
S'ok. There are other apps that will also make your life easier. I'm just a huge believer in Evernote. When my mother recently switched to an Evo I got her using it as well, since it's available on every platform.

The big trick, I've discovered, is to forget quickly how you used to do things, and concentrate on how to do them now. There are things that worked better on the old device, but more that work better on the iPhone - especially if you find the right app to help.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The big trick, I've discovered, is to forget quickly how you used to do things, and concentrate on how to do them now. There are things that worked better on the old device, but more that work better on the iPhone - especially if you find the right app to help.

Agreed. For example I no longer have the need for a paper calender. I just use the iPad. I mean, its all digital and you could have it linked to select online services so when you update on the ipad, it gets updated on your phone and on your computers. Lets say you need to cancel or modify an appointment. No need to scratch out the old text in the small box. Just tap on the event, hit edit, make the changes and hit save.

Same with contacts. Now I know this could be done on the computer, but on the iPad, its about the same size as a address book you can get at office depot. Why spend $3-5 bucks on a address book that only has room for so much and if you make a mistake you need to get some white out or scratch it out.

or even note taking.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side !!! I'm pretty sure you're gonna LOVEEEEEEE that i4... I left BB-nation about a year ago... can't believe it's been that long... time flies when your smartphone actually works lol

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@r.santa1

Everyone is different. I'm quite fast at typing on my iPhone and definitely faster than most blackberry users. The fact that it's a touch screen means there is no press on the keys and you can just tap away. I've gotten so used to typing out long paragraphs that I can actually type without even looking at the phone.

This constant argument that blackberry is better for lots of email is so silly, especially when the damn things cause your fingers to cramp and the cheap plastic keyboards chip and fall apart from regular use...

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
grunt0300:

Welcome to ip4... i recently ditched the 9700 and switched to ip4 and i was very skeptical but i have never been this satisfied with a phone.

As for typing emails "king of trolls" is just being that. I use my phone primarily for calendar/contacts/voice and email and i find typing on ip4 is a lot faster for me and my fingers dont hurt as much as they did with the bb.

For syncing i recommend you sync your BB to Outlook to get calendar, contacts, notes etc etc to your computer. You can do a selective sync or a full sync with bb desktop manager.

And when you get ip4 just sync it back with outlook and you are good to go.

I don't know why everyone is pushing for google... i wouldn't want to store any business related info on google cloud.

If you use google for mail/cal/contacts then ip4 has google ota exhange capability.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We push Google because it's free, whereas Outlook is rather expensive. We push for Google because it licenses Exchange from Microsoft, so it works the same as Outlook as far as syncing contacts and calendar OTA. And lastly we push Google because it's far less buggy than Outlook.

Once you start storing "business related info" in the cloud, it really doesn't matter whether it's Google's cloud server or anyone else's - it's still out of your hands. That being said, if it's business it should stay on your corporate server and should be a nonissue. But most of us have iPhones for personal use, not work - no corporate server, no Outlook.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
We push Google because it's free, whereas Outlook is rather expensive. We push for Google because it licenses Exchange from Microsoft, so it works the same as Outlook as far as syncing contacts and calendar OTA. And lastly we push Google because it's far less buggy than Outlook.

Once you start storing "business related info" in the cloud, it really doesn't matter whether it's Google's cloud server or anyone else's - it's still out of your hands. That being said, if it's business it should stay on your corporate server and should be a nonissue. But most of us have iPhones for personal use, not work - no corporate server, no Outlook.

Free i agree with... but with google being less buggy... thats certainly not been my experience nor handful of android users in our company.

Doesn't everyone have outlook nowadays?!?!?!

Plus i suppose since i am coming from bb world and our company runs its own server its not on a cloud stored anywhere else and everything is very tightly ran and we are not really encouraged to use google or any other cloud based service for our emails.

bbqsanchez

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
hey guys first post .. this is my life story with apple phones. my wife gave me the 1st generation ipod touch and two months into it i ditched my curve and got my 3g two months got the ip4 , but life happens and my 4 year droped in the toilet .. water damaged .. now i dont know if i should get it again or at this point wait for june. i was thinking of getting the 9780 bold. any advice would be appreciated .. thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal