Slow Download of 4.2.1. My ISP or Apple's is real slow tonight. Showing over 3hrs to go. Not Good!
    11-22-2010 07:15 PM
    Slow Download of 4.2.1. My ISP or Apple's is real slow tonight. Showing over 3hrs to go. Not Good!
    What type of internet do you have?

You can go here to test your internet connection speed

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    11-22-2010 07:46 PM
    11-22-2010 07:58 PM
    Crawling for me too from Apple directly.... trying the direct download links .... seem a little faster but not by much 134 KB/sec on a connection that just speed tested at 15Mbps down, 5 Mbps up.... i guess its just everyone trying to grab it up as fast as possible! i suppose there is only so much that can be done! This is the single most anticipated release of any sort of media in recent history so Im sure millions upon millions of folks are all hammering the various servers out there with this content on them.... guess waiting another couple hours isnt a huge deal in the grand scheme of things! LOL.

BTW a curious note ... it seems the official version number is not 4.2.1 as i had expected given all the brouhaha as of late about the initial release of 4.2 being superseded by a "fixed" 4.2.1.... Seems apple just went with the 4.2 moniker... any idea why the mis-direction?
    11-22-2010 08:13 PM
    Direct download link was much faster. Apple servers were very slow - most likely high demand.

By the way my 3GS firmware is now 05.15.04
    11-22-2010 08:39 PM
    Crawling for me too from Apple directly.... trying the direct download links .... seem a little faster but not by much 134 KB/sec on a connection that just speed tested at 15Mbps down, 5 Mbps up.... i guess its just everyone trying to grab it up as fast as possible! i suppose there is only so much that can be done! This is the single most anticipated release of any sort of media in recent history so Im sure millions upon millions of folks are all hammering the various servers out there with this content on them.... guess waiting another couple hours isnt a huge deal in the grand scheme of things! LOL.

BTW a curious note ... it seems the official version number is not 4.2.1 as i had expected given all the brouhaha as of late about the initial release of 4.2 being superseded by a "fixed" 4.2.1.... Seems apple just went with the 4.2 moniker... any idea why the mis-direction?
    Its 4.2.1. The 4.2 is just to make things "simple" for general users who don't follow tech sites.
    11-22-2010 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD