Slow Download of 4.2.1

d5omino

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Crawling for me too from Apple directly.... trying the direct download links .... seem a little faster but not by much 134 KB/sec on a connection that just speed tested at 15Mbps down, 5 Mbps up.... i guess it?s just everyone trying to grab it up as fast as possible! i suppose there is only so much that can be done! This is the single most anticipated release of any sort of media in recent history so I?m sure millions upon millions of folks are all hammering the various servers out there with this content on them.... guess waiting another couple hours isn?t a huge deal in the grand scheme of things! LOL.

BTW a curious note ... it seems the official version number is not 4.2.1 as i had expected given all the brouhaha as of late about the initial release of 4.2 being superseded by a "fixed" 4.2.1.... Seems apple just went with the 4.2 moniker... any idea why the mis-direction?

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Direct download link was much faster. Apple servers were very slow - most likely high demand.

By the way my 3GS firmware is now 05.15.04

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Crawling for me too from Apple directly.... trying the direct download links .... seem a little faster but not by much 134 KB/sec on a connection that just speed tested at 15Mbps down, 5 Mbps up.... i guess it?s just everyone trying to grab it up as fast as possible! i suppose there is only so much that can be done! This is the single most anticipated release of any sort of media in recent history so I?m sure millions upon millions of folks are all hammering the various servers out there with this content on them.... guess waiting another couple hours isn?t a huge deal in the grand scheme of things! LOL.

BTW a curious note ... it seems the official version number is not 4.2.1 as i had expected given all the brouhaha as of late about the initial release of 4.2 being superseded by a "fixed" 4.2.1.... Seems apple just went with the 4.2 moniker... any idea why the mis-direction?

Its 4.2.1. The 4.2 is just to make things "simple" for general users who don't follow tech sites.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73