Phone symbol? What does this mean?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So I woke up this morning with a phone symbol up at the top of the screen by the clock. I had a missed call and a voicemail, so I figured it was just telling me that .. but once I checked the voicemail and cleared the missed call .. the notification badge obviously left the phone app .. but, the phone symbol was still at the top of my screen. I did a respring and I rebooted the phone .. neither took it off. Does anyone know why it's there or how to get rid of it? Here's a couple screen shots ...

956153a2.jpg

46c6881f.jpg

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
do you have lockinfo installed at all? I get an icon like that on my status bar after I have a missed call, and mine is from lockinfo.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My data is on, I've never turned it off. The only thing not on is data roaming, but that's always been off anyways. And no, I don't have lockinfo installed.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What do you use for notifications? You could try going into that app (Notifier or whatever) and toggling the phone and voicemail notifications off and on.

Obviously this isn't a long term solution.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you use for notifications? You could try going into that app (Notifier or whatever) and toggling the phone and voicemail notifications off and on.

Obviously this isn't a long term solution.

I don't use any third party notifying app, just the default notification system. Lol I've toggled on and off almost every possible setting I can find

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, you must have something on there, because the phone itself doesn't use icons like that. Check your Cydia apps for anything that might give you a statusbar icon. Or give us a list of JB apps you have installed.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, you must have something on there, because the phone itself doesn't use icons like that. Check your Cydia apps for anything that might give you a statusbar icon. Or give us a list of JB apps you have installed.

I figured it out!!! hahaha ... As I was listing my JB apps for you, I realized the only other "phone" type app I have installed is iBlacklist ... I opened it up, and sure enough, I had one called logged in the history as blocked from earlier this morning, and as soon as I looked at the history, the phone icon went away! Ha .. Imagine that. Thanks for the help!

dolphonna

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just found this doing a search and it works. The writer is anonymous:

It is called `portrait lock.` you can access this by double clicking your home screen button. This will bring up your active apps in a tray list. If you scroll all the way to the left you will see five icons (arrow circle , last track, play/pause, next track and iPod). If you accidentally choose the `portrait lock` you choose to make your phone display in portrait style only, no landscape orientation. If you have done this, just tap the circle with an arrow and you should be set! The way this is accidentally turned on is usually when you are choosing to use your iPod app an mis-tap the last song icon. I hope I helped

Read more: What does a lock icon with a circle around it mean iphone - I have a lock with a circle around on my iphone 3gs can you tell me what that means :: Ask Me Fast at What does a lock icon with a circle around it mean iphone - I have a lock with a circle around on my iphone 3gs can you tell me what that means :: Ask Me Fast

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just found this doing a search and it works. The writer is anonymous:

It is called `portrait lock.` you can access this by double clicking your home screen button. This will bring up your active apps in a tray list. If you scroll all the way to the left you will see five icons (arrow circle , last track, play/pause, next track and iPod). If you accidentally choose the `portrait lock` you choose to make your phone display in portrait style only, no landscape orientation. If you have done this, just tap the circle with an arrow and you should be set! The way this is accidentally turned on is usually when you are choosing to use your iPod app an mis-tap the last song icon. I hope I helped

Read more: What does a lock icon with a circle around it mean iphone - I have a lock with a circle around on my iphone 3gs can you tell me what that means :: Ask Me Fast at What does a lock icon with a circle around it mean iphone - I have a lock with a circle around on my iphone 3gs can you tell me what that means :: Ask Me Fast

BZZZZZZ. Wrong. If you had read the thread you would have know that the OP was talking about the "phone" icon NOT the rotation lock icon... and he answered the "what is this" question in the post immediately above yours... it's from the JB app iBlacklist.

But thanks for playing the home version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2