Different models of 3GS? More powerful vibrate and larger case

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a rather strange query after my 3GS got dropped, leading to the volume, silent and power buttons stopping working. Despite it being 8 days out of warranty, Apple took pity on me and gave me a brand new 3GS there and then! So I?m extremely pleased there, even glad it happened! But the reason I?m creating this topic, is because the new 3GS seems SLIGHTLY different to the one I?ve been used to over the past year?

The vibrate is definitely more powerful, nearly two times as much I?d say; after using my previous one for a year everyday with it on silent on my desk at work, I could tell straight away that the new one is a much more powerful vibrate simply from the sound! My partner even asked me last night what I?d done to my phone when I got a message on silent last night, so I know it?s not me going crazy!

The other thing is it seems a bit thicker, it?s definitely more of a squeeze in the dock I?ve always used.

SO, does anyone have any knowledge of different build versions of 3GS?? The obvious thing that comes to mind is the bootrom change, but both of them were new bootroms. About the only explanation I can think if there 100% ISN?T any alternative model builds, is simply that my original 3GS USED to have this more powerful vibrate, but it degrades over time? And maybe that the new casing is a bit?stiff? And will?shrink down a little in time?! Hmm!

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to say if the vibrate was this way a year ago! All I know is it's way more powerful than the 3GS I was using the day before! For the thickness issue, no I don't recall it ever being a squeeze to get it in the dock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2