Anyone switch from Evo to Iphone 4

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a schizo phone moment for the past 2 weeks. I switch from Sprint Evo 4G to Iphone 4, now back to Evo 4G. Im starting to feel like I should have stayed with the Iphone 4. I know no phone is perfect,but i value battery life and not constantly being worried about a charge between work, getting kids from school, and kid activities after school which make up about a 10-12 hour day. The Iphone 4 was getting through my whole day and still had 30% after I got home. I turn off 3G at work and use WI-FI only. The Evo is great and does some really cool things with contacts, and a larger screen. Do I wait fro Iphone 5 or Evo 4G or back to Iphone 4 again? Confused. Plus I'm in a 4G area and never turn it on cause it kills the battery.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a schizo phone moment for the past 2 weeks. I switch from Sprint Evo 4G to Iphone 4, now back to Evo 4G. Im starting to feel like I should have stayed with the Iphone 4. I know no phone is perfect,but i value battery life and not constantly being worried about a charge between work, getting kids from school, and kid activities after school which make up about a 10-12 hour day. The Iphone 4 was getting through my whole day and still had 30% after I got home. I turn off 3G at work and use WI-FI only. The Evo is great and does some really cool things with contacts, and a larger screen. Do I wait fro Iphone 5 or Evo 4G or back to Iphone 4 again? Confused. Plus I'm in a 4G area and never turn it on cause it kills the battery.

Did you download Advanced Task Killer for the EVO? I also own an eVO and this video really helped
Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

It really be up to you. I wanted the iPhone, but the plans do not fit me that well. So in a way, look at the plans and the carrier. Many people just get the iPhone because its "cool" and not think of the plans or how well AT&T is in their area.

iPhone 5, chances are won't come out till next summer. The new EVO may not come out till spring.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying out the Evo coming from an iP4. I'm on day 3 of a 30 day trial with Sprint. I've been with the iP since the beginning and was just very bored with the OS. I know what you mean about the battery life, nothing seems to come close to the iPhone. Not sure how I will feel after the 30 days, only time will tell.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
it all depends on carrier service where you are..Sprint stinks in Boise and San Diego and ATT is awesome so i went with Iphone4 and att...

Dont chase a carrier for a phone, never ending battle, ive been there!!!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Last night I drained the battery all the way. I fully charge it and I got some what of a better battery life.

But really people. Choose the carrier first.

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You can get extended batteries, charging stands, USB cables, car chargers, Battery cases (cases for the phone that have a battery inside) to help you get through the day. No phone is perfect like you are saying, but they do have things to help you get through the day :)

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I actually use both the iPhone and EVO 4G daily. I prefer the EVO because of the things that can be done that the iPhone can't. However, I still love the iPhone 4 because of the retina display. If the EVO had the retina display, I would def. get rid of the iPhone all together.

Jcoop9

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the Evo and I thought it was terrible. The battery life was horrible and I had to reboot the phone constantly. I live in a 4g area and all 4g did was drain the battery. The Google market was terrible too. Sticking with the iPhone.......

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually use both the iPhone and EVO 4G daily. I prefer the EVO because of the things that can be done that the iPhone can't. However, I still love the iPhone 4 because of the retina display. If the EVO had the retina display, I would def. get rid of the iPhone all together.

+1

Some of those features being the contacts, voice control, navigation. etc

I had the Evo and I thought it was terrible. The battery life was horrible and I had to reboot the phone constantly. I live in a 4g area and all 4g did was drain the battery. The Google market was terrible too. Sticking with the iPhone.......

You got a lemon then. I had the same experience to. I took it in and got it swapped out and this one has no issues whats so ever.

and Google market is getting better, but I agree. It does not beat the Apple App store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2