13" PRO or AIR?

J.M.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I know this is the wrong section but I need the advice of those who know computers more then I do. I'm undecided between the AIR and the PRO. I don't do a lot on the computer, surf, email, photos and itunes so I don't need the most powerful unit but i know the AIR just came out so it's technology should be good for at least the next few years. Any advice would be appreciated.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you want an overpriced, inferiorly-spec'ed machine that has an incredible "coolness" factor, go with the MacBook Air. If you was a solid machine that will last you for years, spec-wise, and is still pretty awesome, go with the MacBook Pro. ... and save several hundred dollars in the process...

Reactions: J.M.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a Pro. Better yet, get a white MacBook and save more cash.

Good idea. But if you have an extra couple hundred dollars around and want a really good machine, why not spend a bit extra and get your money's worth.

Personally I wouldn't buy a Mac at this time. January is right around the corner and Apple may update the machines by then.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Good idea. But if you have an extra couple hundred dollars around and want a really good machine, why not spend a bit extra and get your money's worth.

Personally I wouldn't buy a Mac at this time. January is right around the corner and Apple may update the machines by then.

I agree. Bought my Pro over a year ago. That's the nature of the beast, a few months after you buy a computer the shiny new models hit the shelves. I just maxed the RAM, and put in a bigger internal hard drive. I don't plan on upgrading for a few more years at least.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. My 17" MB Pro is 3.5 years old running a 2.4 C2D chip, maxed at 4 gigs of ram and a 500 gig 7200 rpm WD hd. Runs great and has taken a beating.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a pro, the air is cool and thin but that's it, the pro is definitely the way to go, when i decided it's time for an upgrade from my MacBook i'm going with the Pro

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also the question is, if your an iPad owner. Do you really want another mobile device? If your in to video editing and such, why not get a desktop like the iMac, and use your iPad for "on the go" stuff. you know, have power and performance at home, and the speed and mobilelity on the go,

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want an overpriced, inferiorly-spec'ed machine that has an incredible "coolness" factor, go with the MacBook Air. If you was a solid machine that will last you for years, spec-wise, and is still pretty awesome, go with the MacBook Pro. ... and save several hundred dollars in the process...

Agreed, the only good thing I can see about the AIR is that it uses a solid state drive, but no CD drive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711