Long story short.......iPhone4.....a virgin install of 4.1 did not fix my proximity sensor issue, my "Apple approved" bumper scratched my antenna, and my sleep/wake button was very hard to push and near inoperable.

I made an appointment with at the local Apple store this morning. I walked in and told the genius what the problem was. 5min later I'm walking out with a new phone.

Now that's customer service!
    11-19-2010 03:33 PM
    I have actually gone through 4 previous iPhone 4's in order to get to the 5th one that works fantastic. Any other product, you would have heard me howling from the roof tops, but because Apple replaced the phone, without discussion, with an apology each time...the experience was pleasant. Beside that, it gave me an excuse to hang out in the Apple Store!
    11-19-2010 04:53 PM
    Yeah, Apple's customer service is rated the best in the industry.
    11-19-2010 05:54 PM
    Agreed! Every time I've had to deal with Apple Customer Service (which isn't that often based on their product quality) they have been nothing but professional. They also always go above and beyond to make sure you leave happy.
    11-19-2010 05:56 PM
    The folks at the Apple stores are pretty much the bomb.
    11-19-2010 09:32 PM
    I tend to disagree a little on the people part. Service as a whole may be great, some at my local Apple store they don't know a damn thing!

Just take a look at this Yelp review

Apple Store - Southwest Portland - Tigard, OR

of course not all stores should be treated the same, but when I owned my mac, I experienced the same felling.
    11-19-2010 09:35 PM
    aha, guy, you are lucky got a new Phone!
    Totally agreed, Apple's customer service is great! As Jobs said they take customer's demand seriously,
    That is why apple have so much loyal fans in the world!!
    11-19-2010 09:46 PM
    I strongly agreed. Today was the first time I dealt with a Genius at my local apple store, & they were wonderful. I went in to get my iPhone replaced for a broken home button, and even though I didnt have an appointment, they managed to squeeze me in and replace my phone in 10 minutes. Great service!
    11-21-2010 12:44 AM
    Yes.. really they are very cool guys...
    11-21-2010 01:48 AM
    I always find apple customer support as one of the most reliable and friendly service out there. If you have a problem, even the smallest one, they will surely acknowledge and offers solution to it. This is one of the many reasons why apple's gain a lot of loyalty from its old customers as well as to the new one.

I think they must received and deserve an award entitled as "best customer service" for iphone category. Apple customer service never fails to amaze me.
    11-21-2010 02:32 AM
    Apple's customer care is tops above any other service. Make an appointment, and either way, you walk away with your problem solved.
    11-21-2010 11:50 AM
    The few problems I've had have been dealt with quickly and always to my satisfaction. Excellent.
    11-21-2010 12:07 PM
    +1

The service of replacement your iphone is great, i send my iphone to apple and they send me other in 3/4 days, so fast
    11-21-2010 03:23 PM
    Yeah actually I find Apple's customer service top notch!
    I had a MBP that died on me near the end of the warranty
    period for replacement and they were kind enough to
    replace it with no hassle at all. I've been through hell with a
    different computer manufacturer before trying to make a
    warranty claim. It's really a refreshing change with Apple.
    11-22-2010 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD