Someone is getting me a 32GB + 3G as a gift. While I do want it, I also realize that this is an expensive option and do not want to be stuck with it when iPad 2 comes around.

Any idea what the resell value would be or any other thoughts?

The person getting it for me may never see me as they are in another country.
    11-19-2010 11:49 AM
    On my local craigslist the 32 GB Wifi iPads without 3G are going for $420 to $450. So I imagine that a 32 GB + 3G would go for a little more than that.
    11-19-2010 12:01 PM
    Just looked it up again, the 32GB's + 3G are going for minimum for $600
    11-19-2010 12:02 PM
    THanks for the input.
    11-19-2010 01:10 PM
    I think the resale value will drop a good bit once the new iPad comes out. Thats why I sold mine now instead of waiting.
    11-19-2010 01:15 PM
    Live for today not tomorrow
    11-19-2010 01:32 PM
    For all we know the iPad 2 may just be a minor update.
    11-19-2010 06:06 PM
    For all we know the iPad 2 may just be a minor update.
    I'm going to guess phone with camera front and rear or at least front for pic phone ala iPhone 4.

Problem is that iPad at this point has no competition. The ones like Samsung who I thought would compete with serious Andriod products have priced themselves much much too high to dent Apple's domination of the pad product.

I really thought Samsung would price at $299.
    11-20-2010 07:49 PM
    I'm going to guess phone with camera front and rear or at least front for pic phone ala iPhone 4.

Problem is that iPad at this point has no competition. The ones like Samsung who I thought would compete with serious Andriod products have priced themselves much much too high to dent Apple's domination of the pad product.

I really thought Samsung would price at $299.
    The iPad will never be a "phone". Yes chances are it may have a camera, but no one knows. Front camera only. Who in their right mind will carry around a large 10" device to take pictures?

You got to realize the Samsung is also like the iPad, but runs Android. 7" screen and has some stuff that iOs does not. I would be surprised if Apple loweed the price to $399 next year, but with Jobs recent childish, Conan like fit chances for that are low.

I just hope for an iPhone 4 like design. The curve back is not best if you place the device on the table.
    11-20-2010 10:12 PM
    @Chris
    In all liklihood it will have 2 cameras in order to have full FaceTime support. Nobody is going to be using it as their primary photo camera, but that's not the point.

The Tab is made of plastic, it's half the size of the iPad, and Samsung CLEARLY spent a lot less time on R&D. Not to mention that there will never be a substantial amount of applications specifically for the Tab in order to provide a better experience, while there are already tens of thousands for the iPad. The iPad pricing is already quite good. Entry price will stay the same but I can see them changing it to 32GB and having only 32 and 64GB options available, eliminating the $700/$830 64GB pricing we have now.

Having a flat back would make it feel a bit thicker and it would be heavier as well, but I can see the benefits of that...

Anyway!
    To the OP, I'd suggest you sell it asap because when the next gen iPad is announced (most likely in late January), you're fvcked for resale value.
    11-21-2010 12:15 AM
    Someone is getting me a 32GB + 3G as a gift. While I do want it, I also realize that this is an expensive option and do not want to be stuck with it when iPad 2 comes around.

Any idea what the resell value would be or any other thoughts?

The person getting it for me may never see me as they are in another country.
    @Chris
    In all liklihood it will have 2 cameras in order to have full FaceTime support. Nobody is going to be using it as their primary photo camera, but that's not the point.

The Tab is made of plastic, it's half the size of the iPad, and Samsung CLEARLY spent a lot less time on R&D. Not to mention that there will never be a substantial amount of applications specifically for the Tab in order to provide a better experience, while there are already tens of thousands for the iPad. The iPad pricing is already quite good. Entry price will stay the same but I can see them changing it to 32GB and having only 32 and 64GB options available, eliminating the $700/$830 64GB pricing we have now.

Having a flat back would make it feel a bit thicker and it would be heavier as well, but I can see the benefits of that...

Anyway!
    To the OP, I'd suggest you sell it asap because when the next gen iPad is announced (most likely in late January), you're fvcked for resale value.
    but it will make it fell more sturdy and secure.
    11-21-2010 12:35 AM
    The iPad will never be a "phone". Yes chances are it may have a camera, but no one knows. Front camera only. Who in their right mind will carry around a large 10" device to take pictures?

You got to realize the Samsung is also like the iPad, but runs Android. 7" screen and has some stuff that iOs does not. I would be surprised if Apple loweed the price to $399 next year, but with Jobs recent childish, Conan like fit chances for that are low.

I just hope for an iPhone 4 like design. The curve back is not best if you place the device on the table.
    Nobody is carrying the iPad as a camera nor will they but they do carry the iPad around for other purposes and would like to take pix with it or make a call while they have it with them anyway. Like a few days ago my wife and I were at a car race. She was using her iPad for various duties and probably would have snapped a few pix with it had it had the capacity. I'm not sure how it'd work as a phone. One surely doesn't want to hold it like an iPhone to make a call. Maybe some sort of headset or maybe never a phone. I can't say.

My guess is that Apple envisioned the iPad being used with a cradle rather than flat on a table.
    11-21-2010 10:17 AM
    The iPad camera won't be any different from that of a camera phone. Also they may have envision it being used on a cradle.but not everyone will be doing that and Apple needs to think of all the possisble usages.
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    11-21-2010 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD