The day Apple disappointed us...

VZW Incredible
    11-19-2010 07:42 AM
    wtf???????????
    11-19-2010 08:02 AM
    Im assuming this thread is in response to the release of the Incredible HD on verizon, and if this is the case, you can only blame yourself for the disappointment as there was NEVER, at any given time, a legitimate source that said an Apple phone would be coming this month to Verizon.

You should change your thread completely to read "A day nobody really cares about..." and the content reads "The day another HTC phone hits the market and a few people buy it..." It would atleast make sense at that point.
    11-19-2010 08:34 AM
    LOL ... I agree with SeanHRCC.
    11-19-2010 08:41 AM
    My iPhone bumper broke. I figured it wouldn't last a long time. I won't forget.
    11-19-2010 08:57 AM
    Lol, I dont even Hear that much music! Nothing personal with beteales... but not a great NEws.
    11-19-2010 09:17 AM
    Lol, I dont even Hear that much music! Nothing personal with beteales... but not a great NEws.
    Holy sh*t...i can't even...wow.
    11-19-2010 09:49 AM
    what happened on that day again?
    11-19-2010 09:56 AM
    Stupidest over-hyped announcement ever. Who gives a crap about The Beatles... Certainly not me. I guess it makes sense for the announcement to be stupid and over-hyped, because it fits the band perfectly...
    BLiNK likes this.
    11-19-2010 11:23 AM
    Stupidest over-hyped announcement ever. Who gives a crap about The Beatles... Certainly not me. I guess it makes sense for the announcement to be stupid and over-hyped, because it fits the band perfectly...
    The Beatles were awesome, and certainly changed music forever... however, with that said, the Apple announcement was all about hype. I don't know anyone who had not already ripped their Beatles CDs to iTunes (or their music tool of choice)... I agree... we didn't need Apple for this one...
    11-19-2010 11:59 AM
    The Beatles were awesome, and certainly changed music forever... however, with that said, the Apple announcement was all about hype. I don't know anyone who had not already ripped their Beatles CDs to iTunes (or their music tool of choice)... I agree... we didn't need Apple for this one...
    Same, who doesn't already have all the Beatles songs?
    11-19-2010 12:00 PM
    Apple didn't overhype it. The media (wanting something else) overhyped it. It wasn't anything more than any ad you find on a daily basis in iTunes.

The Beatles changed more than music. http://justanothergeeksite.com/2010/...eatles-itunes/

Just because it wasn't what you wanted, don't belittle it. The world doesn't revolve around you.
    11-19-2010 12:02 PM
    I agree and disagree with you guys.

The media may have over-hyped the event but so did Apple.

By claiming it would be a day to never forget is absolutely over-hyping a bands music coming to iTunes no matter how influencial they were in the past. I'm not a fan of them but I know a TON of people are but still for Apple to say it would be a day to never forget made people think it actually would be something earth shattering or close to it.

Both parties were wrong here and that was the media and Apple IMO.
    11-19-2010 01:01 PM
    It's a day that Steve Jobs won't ever forget. First guy to get The Beatles to
    go digital. Personally, I don't really care for The Beatles.
    11-19-2010 02:02 PM
    If you're going there, then Apple overhypes everything. I mean...this changes everything - again? Tut tut.
    11-19-2010 02:05 PM
    If this thread was seriously started because of the Beatles release on iTunes, the OP needs to be lynched.
    11-19-2010 02:23 PM
    If this thread was seriously started because of the Beatles release on iTunes, the OP needs to be lynched.

WORD!
    11-19-2010 03:58 PM
    I'd rather hear them then hearing

BABY BABY BABY OH!

You can like the beatles and still not download or have all their songs. You have to be some kind of hard core fan like 12 year old girls at a Hanna Montana concert to have every one of their songs.

Apple didn't overhype it. The media (wanting something else) overhyped it. It wasn't anything more than any ad you find on a daily basis in iTunes.

The Beatles changed more than music. http://justanothergeeksite.com/2010/...eatles-itunes/

Just because it wasn't what you wanted, don't belittle it. The world doesn't revolve around you.
    Word. Yes, I agree Apple chose the wrong words, but what do you expect? They always use that kind of talk. Expecting cloud based music? Not till September 2011.

Same, who doesn't already have all the Beatles songs?
    Read my above comment.

If you're going there, then Apple overhypes everything. I mean...this changes everything - again? Tut tut.
    or "the fast, most powerfull computer yet.....

Gee... how many times have we seen that in the past ten years?
    Last edited by ChrisGonzales90; 11-19-2010 at 07:42 PM.
    11-19-2010 06:00 PM
    Beatles = WIN

Apple hyping the Beatles on iTunes = FAIL
    11-19-2010 06:29 PM
    I admit that the Beatles were awesome, but seriously, I really feel let down. Now Youtube changed much to any online p2p site. Just download a video and save the audio in any format you wish, mp3, mp4 etc;. And if you want Perfect quality, just use tools like iFunia to convert or rip it yourself .... Google and Youtube even has movies that you can WATCH online as opposed to downloading it on your pc. Or just google your online video guides... you know like TV Guide?....lol I don't mess around with torrents or p2p's too much hassle and troubles.
    11-19-2010 10:02 PM
    I admit that the Beatles were awesome, but seriously, I really feel let down. Now Youtube changed much to any online p2p site. Just download a video and save the audio in any format you wish, mp3, mp4 etc;. And if you want Perfect quality, just use tools like iFunia to convert or rip it yourself .... Google and Youtube even has movies that you can WATCH online as opposed to downloading it on your pc. Or just google your online video guides... you know like TV Guide?....lol I don't mess around with torrents or p2p's too much hassle and troubles.
    oh and downloading videos from youtube and using iFunia to convert isn't a hassle?

Most people want to have the music for life, not just watch a black screen on youtube. They also don't want to go though the hassle of converting the audio.

But you fell let down? What do you expect? Novemember is not an iTunes or music event month. That is September. Apple is saving this stuff for October 2011. Thats actually the correct ten year anniversary of the iPod. It would be a perfect way to celbrate the occusation.
    11-19-2010 11:34 PM
    I like The Beatles, however, I don't think they are worth Apple raping it's main page over. Like others have said if your a fan of the beatles, I'm sure you would have already had their albums.

Unless of course your steve, I'm sure he's such a narcissist that he refused to own the beatles until they were in his store. I don't have anything against jobs, but come on. Really? It will be a day I remember? Unlikely. I remember the first iPhone announcement. I remember having my wisdom teeth yanked. Beatles on iTunes...meh.
    11-20-2010 12:56 AM
    I like The Beatles, however, I don't think they are worth Apple raping it's main page over. Like others have said if your a fan of the beatles, I'm sure you would have already had their albums.

Unless of course your steve, I'm sure he's such a narcissist that he refused to own the beatles until they were in his store..
    OR, hes like many fans of music or tV shows and do not have every thing on them.

Look at it this way. I'm a fan of the TV show LOST. Does that mean since I'm a fan I'm out buying every item about the show? No. Mostly based on money, but not all the items interest me. (example, why would I buy a womans LOST shirt?, or a baby bib with the Dharma logo on it. I don't have any kids)

Like I said before I'm not a fan of the beatles, but I do like some of their songs. But what gets me is many people think "oh your a fam. you must own all their albums" That is not true, unless your some die hard fan. There are die hard fans, that would have every album, and just fans that may have some of the albums or songs, but not everything.

I agree with the front page though, but at the time we didn't know other then rumors. I was surpirsed since, like I said iTunes announcements usually happen in September. I'm always open minded, but I wondered why do an itunes announcement now? Why didn't they do it back in September?

oh and Steve had the Beatles. Go back to the first few iPod keynotes. Even in the first keynote back in 2001 when he demoted how to use the iPod he showed off the Beatles. (and this was long before music stores poped up on line. Back when you still bought CDS and riped them to the computer.
    11-20-2010 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD