i recently got a new computer, put the new itunes 10 on it, i was going to use the method of editing the itunes library .xml and .itl files with the original library ID, i have used this method before, but having a look around the web it says this has been prevented with the new itunes 10, so now am stuck with 26k songs and i cant transfer them to my iphone.

anyone got any suggestions???
    11-17-2010 04:13 PM
    please use the search box before opening a new thread,

just import them into iTunes and it will create a new iTunes file, then plug phone in and do a back up and restore and your phone will now sync with that computer
    11-17-2010 04:32 PM
    where is the old computer? where are the two computers you are trying to sync your phone with? ie. work & home You can copy the iTunes folder which should have all your music etc. paste it to the same location on the new computer iTunes should then pull everything up. This topic has been covered so do a search and go through a few of the threads they have a ton of into.
    11-17-2010 04:41 PM
    please use the search box before opening a new thread,

just import them into iTunes and it will create a new iTunes file, then plug phone in and do a back up and restore and your phone will now sync with that computer
    import what into itunes? i dont want to back up and restore because i will lose all my playlists that i've creted on my phone (30+) they took way to long to compile an losing them is not an option. i no longer have access to the old computer, i only copied the library id before i sold it. i did use the search box before posting and all i found were old threads stating to use the change the library ID method, which as i explained in my first post doesnt work anymore due to it being prevented in the new itunes 10, HENCE THE NEW THREAD.
    11-21-2010 04:30 PM
    bump bump bump
    11-23-2010 10:36 AM
    bump bump bump
    Hmm stranger. I never edit ID or whatever. Just copied old library (with all content) to new computer. Than Authorize Computer and than sync.

------------
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    11-23-2010 10:41 AM
    my itunes does not recognize any device when I have my Iphone 3gs plugged into my new computer and I need to do a back up and resync drastically...........hepl
    01-16-2011 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD