help much needed.

jables

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
ok so my situation isn't to great, right now i am away at college away from where i originally purchased my iphone and plan, apparently ATT does not have service in my current area, so i can not use my edge/3g at all or they will cut my service off, is there a free/easy way to unlock the iphone to another carrier such as sprint? i really love the iphone and wont leave ATT because of that. i know verizon is getting the iphone but im not a fan of verizon from seeing it from my friends having it. i would appreciate any help at all. thank you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
AT&T (and your iPhone) are GSM. Sprint (and Verizon) are CDMA. The phones made for one can't work on the other type of network. Even unlocked, your iPhone could only work on T-Mo.

FunkyDog

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You're out of luck, kid. If I were you, assuming you're stuck at the same location where you are now with no AT&T service, speak to them to see if they'd terminate the contract or sell off the device and hop on to Verizon when the time comes.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could get a hotspot from Sprint. I have the Overdrive and love it. Your phone would connect to that via wifi so you could get data and as a bonus you could share the hotspot with 4 other devices at the same time.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not really clear about what the actual issue is...first you said "ATT does not have service in my current area," then that "sprint, ATT, and Plateau are the only ones that work," and then that "I have voice... For now just no data."

So does AT&T work there, or not? Is it just that AT&T has a weak signal there?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2