battery life on 3GS

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife's 3GS has poor battery life. Drops from 100% to 50% by 3PM, and
down to about 15% by 8PM. No apps are open, but she does get 40 to 50
e-mails a day. My BB9000 gets much battery lIfe, so what gives?
:(

Last edited:

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you mean wifi drains the battery when it's on and you're not connected and are using cellular data? Doesn't wifi use less battery than cellular as a rule though?

Hammermedic

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Even though wifi uses less batt power, if it is on, it is constantly searching, therefore using batt power. Turn off things like wifi, Bluetooth, location services, (if not needed), and use auto for your screen brightness. When I was on a 3G, I could easily get 12 hours out of it. Plus I was using apps and games (I never turned off location services). I consider mysel to be a heavy user as well. I use over 2 GB of cellular a month...

kellyp513

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem on my 3GS - battery life was horrendous. I've turned off cellular data and keep wifi off unless I'm using it. Now my battery life is greatly improved.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP comparing a BB to an iPhone is Apples to Blackberries lol pun intended but seriously I used to get better battery life on my Motorolla Ming but it's not the same. There are so many things that will make a difference, you've got to decide what you value more, yes the featues are there to be used but it's a phone if you use all the bells and whistles you will give up battery life that is just the way the cookie crumbles. So you can use fetch, data, location services, notifications, etc but you will have to plug in halfway through the day or whenever possible to charge up. If you don't want to plug in to charge then you value battery life so when your in Wifi turn off 3G and cellular data use Wifi. When your not in Wifi coverage turn off Wifi and use 3G. Turn off notifications or go through the apps and decide what you want on, what notifications you need and don't need. You can turn fetch off or increase the interval. You can turn of location services or choose which apps you think really need to use it. When not using bluetooth it should be off, the same for internet tethering. You can turn the screen down as low as is comfortable for you for a balance between power consumption and comfort. It's pretty much all a balance between the features and battery life but you can't have both fully used without some give.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73