I've Been Converted ...

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
... to Team Jailbreak. I've been against it all this time, always saying that it's good enough just the way it is. But I stand corrected. SBSettings, BiteSMS, themes, Installous, etc. etc. etc. ... Why did I never see the light sooner??

Just thought I would do a little Jailbreaking evangelism as a result of my recent crossover ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Evidently you are seeing the darkness as well as the light though. Please do not mention Installous again as its sole purpose is piracy, which we are against. Like an app? Pay for it.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Evidently you are seeing the darkness as well as the light though. Please do not mention Installous again as its sole purpose is piracy, which we are against. Like an app? Pay for it.

What she said. Installous is bad news.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Staying #TeamPure here. Though there is some cool stuff that can be done with JB, I just do not have a need or want to do it.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think it's that exciting. It's a lot of work. Like everyone raves about themeing. Half the themes aren't complete and don't work well. Then you have to SSH into the phone. Idk. The only reason I did it was for mywi. That's my .02.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I really don't think it's that exciting. It's a lot of work. Like everyone raves about themeing. Half the themes aren't complete and don't work well. Then you have to SSH into the phone. Idk. The only reason I did it was for mywi. That's my .02.

There are a lot of worthwhile apps and once u get the hang of things, its really not much work at all. Themeing is work, if you really want to customize it yourself, but there are some really nice complete themes out now, especially since iOS 4.1 came out.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Are there even any DECENT themes out there? (meaning, not crap ones, or ones that look like they came from myspace)

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Exactly. Are there even any DECENT themes out there? (meaning, not crap ones, or ones that look like they came from myspace)

Themes are pretty subjective, something you might think looks great might look like complete trash to the next person. Plus you really need to see a theme on the retina screen itself, and not a capture on your computer. It makes a huge difference...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The only reason I jailbreak is for liveclock and weathericon.

Themes are effing stupid. Nothing is complete and 90% of them are made by 12 year olds on a pirated copy of Photoshop 7.

The thing is I can't blame them because it's literally impossible to complete a theme. Certain themes like illumine will skin the icons automatically but it doesn't look right.

I really think people shouldn't even bother with themes unless there is an actual theming framework brought into the app store (which there never will be, FYI).

Reactions: cardfan

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I didn't have much success with the theming either, but I was able to change the color of most my icons to at least all be uniform and look alike. Then found a good wallpaper to blend well with them. That's good enough for me :) ... but the capabilities with it jailbroken are far beyond anything it is pure. It doesn't take a lot of work either, it's rather easy, I'm not tech savvy at all and this was a piece of cake :)

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree to disagree also. I have four core themes I alternate, and they really look/work well, but thats just my .02.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I am on the fence for jb.. but you guys are deff making it harder for me to stay on fence.

I would change sounds for new mail sms txt and try some of the recommended apps for sure.

p.s OP which jb did you use lime or green?

I spent 3 hours reading the jb section and i havn't decided which one to go with yet.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I am on the fence for jb.. but you guys are deff making it harder for me to stay on fence.

I would change sounds for new mail sms txt and try some of the recommended apps for sure.

p.s OP which jb did you use lime or green?

I spent 3 hours reading the jb section and i havn't decided which one to go with yet.

I prefer greenpois0n.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I never understand why people make such a big deal about JBing. It is a software change so if you don't like it you can always re-virginize your phone. It is only as hard as you make it, I'm not a hardcore user I get functional apps that I could only get with JB and only for things I need to do. I use a handful of themes and if I don't like them I uninstall them right away. The main reason I'm even considering it right now is for the only thing Apple still wont let me do and that is custom SMS tones. Yes you can really mess with the filesystem of the phone but that is true of any hack of any phone it's by design.

I prefer pwnage tool for JB have always used it and always will.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh