Why can't we do it from the Inbox, but only from the Trash? That's so stupid! It's one of the few things I don't like about the iPhone. There must be some shady reason why Apple omitted that feature. Is there a JB app that fixes this issue???
    11-12-2010 12:41 AM
    Why can't you? Just hit edit and then tap the circle next to the emails you want to delete - and then tap delete.
    11-12-2010 06:43 AM
    Why can't you? Just hit edit and then tap the circle next to the emails you want to delete - and then tap delete.
    I think what they want is the option to do just like the trash can, where you hit edit and can just hit delete all, rather than checking every single box next to the messages.
    11-12-2010 11:52 AM
    I think what they want is the option to do just like the trash can, where you hit edit and can just hit delete all, rather than checking every single box next to the messages.
    Yes...that is exactly what I want.
    11-15-2010 04:40 PM
    No idea...Email is the only thing i havent quite mastered coming from blackberry...pdf's are annoying to deal with also and forward...
    11-15-2010 04:47 PM
    I suspect that option doesn't exist because most people use IMAP or Exchange and wouldn't want to delete everything in their inbox. That's a pop3 option only.
    11-15-2010 05:42 PM
    This has ALWAYS irritated me on my iPhone!
    Some email addresses get TONS of junk & to have to delete one by one is ridiculous.
    Also, why can't you click DELETE instead of having to go thru the extra steps to MOVE to trash first?

I don't get this system at all.
    11-16-2010 07:03 PM
    You don't have to move to trash first. From the Inbox, tap Edit, check what you want to delete, and tap the trash can. BOOM! Gone.
    11-16-2010 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD