I heard verizon is coming out for the iphone early january? yes no? I seriously can't stand the service plan for cingular anymore...no connection anywhere...Anybody got any updated news if there are lower costs on the plan or? I'm stoked though :]
    11-11-2010 05:50 PM
    11-11-2010 09:01 PM
    pricing will probably be the same as what you're paying now if not more, so you will not be so "stoked" about that

cingular?? now that's a name i haven't heard in a long-long time...

and as our good friend ghostface would say "don't let the door hit you on the way out"
    11-11-2010 09:12 PM
    and as our good friend ghostface would say "don't let the door hit you on the way out"
    11-11-2010 10:56 PM
    pricing will probably be the same as what you're paying now if not more, so you will not be so "stoked" about that

cingular?? now that's a name i haven't heard in a long-long time...

Perhaps hes still using a Cingular branded phone. and/or was a Cingular customer for sometime before the merger.
    11-11-2010 11:16 PM
    good read.
    thks.
    11-16-2010 09:39 PM
    It really is a good move for Apple to have the
    iPhone available on more than one service provider.
    Most market observers agree Apple is most likely to
    hasten the release of the iPhone to another carrier
    on account of recent reports showing the Androids
    catching up in terms of sales and users in the US.
    If this is true then that is indeed good news.
    11-17-2010 02:26 AM
    I think it will be released in June. I'm expecting the traditional schedule- the iOS conference in March with the hype reaching a fever pitch... will they release the Verizon iPhone? And then the climax in June.

I feel like some of the magic with the yearly iPhone wwdc events have gone.
    Imagine in June- the next version of iOS, iPhone 5 presentation, and "one more thing..." A Verizon one more thing will be crazy.
    11-17-2010 12:52 PM
    I love how everyone thinks Verizon is some savior. Attention folks, its not. Its just another company looking to take your money. I swear....
    11-17-2010 01:50 PM
    It's a savior for several people who live in saturated markets like NYC and would welcome traffic being placed elsewhere.
    11-17-2010 03:17 PM
    I love how everyone keeps saying VERIZON! VERIZON! VERIZON! Wake up people, Verizon is not the only CDMA carrier out there, and yes I'm only talking about the USA. (since Apple is a American company (founded both in America and by an American, unlike these other compnies) that always launches the phones first in the US. So could we see a Sprint iPhone perhaps? Who knows,

I love how everyone thinks Verizon is some savior. Attention folks, its not. Its just another company looking to take your money. I swear....
    As with every company out there.

I think it will be released in June. I'm expecting the traditional schedule- the iOS conference in March with the hype reaching a fever pitch... will they release the Verizon iPhone? And then the climax in June.

I feel like some of the magic with the yearly iPhone wwdc events have gone.
    Imagine in June- the next version of iOS, iPhone 5 presentation, and "one more thing..." A Verizon one more thing will be crazy.
    or it will be in January. Because as far as I know there is no law saying Apple needs to stick to a "traditional schedule" Steve can change it up anytime he wants and theres nothing you can do (but complain)
    11-17-2010 03:25 PM
    If you call or go into a Verizon store they will tell you that it's official - January iPhone.
    11-17-2010 08:15 PM
    It is a savior for people who live in places where AT&T service blows, work discounts with Verizon, or already have existing family plans and not everybody wants to change.

I wish AT&T was good in my town. Then I'd be rocking the iPhone now.
    11-17-2010 09:20 PM
    oh yeah. My former employer had work discounts with all the cell phone networks.
    11-17-2010 11:10 PM
    I think it is good for the market to have the iPhone on all US carriers ... Will also lighten the load a little bit on the at&t towers which is never a bad thing.
    11-17-2010 11:49 PM
    If you call or go into a Verizon store they will tell you that it's official - January iPhone.
    That's bull crap. First of all they don't even know, because if they did they'd know not to say anything unless they want to get fired.
    11-17-2010 11:50 PM
    I expect that Verizon will give us a unique iphone experience that AT&T have not done yet. I am talking about unlimited internet data plans and the new fifth generation iphone. How I wish for the dual-mode phone that would let users roam on GSM-based networks.
    Thanks for this useful information. A good read once in a while.
    11-18-2010 04:41 AM
    The iPhone was presented as a groundbreaking device combining lots of important features, yet it has been criticized for the lack of some crcuial functions.

David Abraham
    11-18-2010 05:36 AM
    I don't think apple can continue with the 1 update per year methodology that they currently employ. Android is catching up rapidly and could I say gaining in some regards? ... It's interesting to see the Android Market full of iOS's most popular apps.
    11-18-2010 08:23 AM
    The iPhone was presented as a groundbreaking device combining lots of important features, yet it has been criticized for the lack of some crcuial functions.

David Abraham
    Fascinating!
    11-18-2010 08:35 AM
    I don't think apple can continue with the 1 update per year methodology that they currently employ. Android is catching up rapidly and could I say gaining in some regards? ... It's interesting to see the Android Market full of iOS's most popular apps.
    Apple does more than 1 update per year, 4.0... 4.1 and soon 4.2. As far as the Android Market full of iOS popular apps, one word - Netflix. App Store seems to be the first place many popular services, companies and developers go to.
    11-18-2010 09:15 AM
    It must have been just your store because mine is sure not saying that. I'll wait for the official press release from either Verizon or Apple, but really just Apple.
    11-18-2010 09:18 AM
    Verizon is not going to kill their holiday business. If the iPhone is coming they wont say anything until after the holiday shopping rush.

Think about this, if you needed to replace your phone and wanted an iPhone would you bother getting something now if you knew for sure it would be available in January? Not likely.
    11-18-2010 09:44 AM
    It must have been just your store because mine is sure not saying that. I'll wait for the official press release from either Verizon or Apple, but really just Apple.
    I'm not sure the Verizon guy in the store was speaking officially. It wasn't an owned and operated, but a contractor.

I have no interest in a Verizon iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 factory jailbroke running T-Mob at half the cost that Verizon would charge me for the same service.

Verizon will do well with this phone here, though, because AT&T service is terrible. I know several who don't use their iPhones due to being locked to AT&T.
    11-18-2010 09:48 AM
    I'm not sure the Verizon guy in the store was speaking officially. It wasn't an owned and operated, but a contractor.

I have no interest in a Verizon iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 factory jailbroke running T-Mob at half the cost that Verizon would charge me for the same service.

Verizon will do well with this phone here, though, because AT&T service is terrible. I know several who don't use their iPhones due to being locked to AT&T.
    Yup, the same service. EDGE in all its 20-40Kbps glory.
    11-18-2010 11:58 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD