My iPhonefixed White iPhone 4 Conversion Parts Have Arrived!

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
As promised, I did say that I would let you guys know when I finally got my white conversion parts from UK company, iphonefixed.co.uk.

Parts received..

White front complete
White back complete
White Home Button
White Headphone Jack

I also have a white dock connector sourced elsewhere which is genuine OEM Apple stock.

The arrived well packaged, and in their own boxed, with hard foam packaging.

I'm currently uploading a video shot of the unboxings, and overview of parts, but below I have added several photos of said parts as promised. The quality of all parts, look, and feel superb, and the front lcd backing looks to be OEM to me, let me know what you think.?

Front camera, and flash de fusser.
5161386092_0bb8ea7698.jpg

Back wording
5161387240_15390915a0.jpg

Front inner lec rear protector, and barcode.

5160769091_be776b18c4.jpg

Ear piece, and proximity sensor area of front. (There is no speaker mesh).
5160769893_bd147229b0.jpg

Home Button surround
5160770895_50a7801874.jpg

5160771631_6b42d39cec.jpg

Clear raised lip around the whole circumference of the front. (Anyone elses like this? Is it like this on the black model?
5161375314_0f60c6e010.jpg

5160772973_8e27263c75.jpg

iPhone Headphone Jack (White)
5160787183_47f1c08ef5.jpg

5160787941_e034fef4dc.jpg

All of my photos (Many not shown here due to limited to 10 photos) in Extra Large size can be found here on flickr.

I will add the link to my Youtube video once its completed uploading.

I'm very interested in hearing from you guys who have sourced these parts elsewhere, especially if you noticed any differences between any of these parts I have from iPhonefixed.co.uk

Also would be great to hear from anyone else who is considering the conversion, be it by themselves, or getting a company to carry out the conversion for you.

I will keep this thread alive with updates as and when I carry out the conversion, detailing any complications, should there be any, and of course sharing my experiences in carrying out the conversion too.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Can you tell me how much you spent on parts total? Also, how hard/easy is it to actually do the conversion yourself. I'm very interested in doing this.

Thanks again for sharing.

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Awesome! Can you tell me how much you spent on parts total? Also, how hard/easy is it to actually do the conversion yourself. I'm very interested in doing this.

Thanks again for sharing.

Total in GBP was ?173.70 delivered by registered post. I have not converted my iphone yet as its not here until tomorrow or Wednesday.

Very nice, keep us in the loop ... Can't wait to see the finished product.

I will do my friend.!

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just watched the video. Cool stuff although the speaker grill doesn't look like the one on the black iPhone 4. I wonder if it's been redesigned?

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Just watched the video. Cool stuff although the speaker grill doesn't look like the one on the black iPhone 4. I wonder if it's been redesigned?

There is no speaker mesh, but iphonefixed.co.uk said that they will send me this soon, as they are currently waiting for new stock to come in.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. It'll be nice to see the finally outcome. Are you going to wait until they send you the speaker mesh before you do the conversion?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
A couple of things. First, there is no lip on the black iPhone screen like the one on your white one. The home button white is quite a bit whiter compared to the glass. Finally, how did that company get those oem parts? Is there a massive leak somewhere?

Either way, I still think the white iPhone is hideous.

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Each to their own my friend. I wanted a white iPhone 4, and prefer the white, I also have other gadgets in white, its all down to user choice ateotd, and its just like a personal opinion, everyone has their very own unique one.

As to the lip, I have compared the parts with the white iphone 4 shown off at WWDc in the link below, and that too has the lip around the circumference, so Im personally happy with my parts.

YouTube - iphone 4 white review

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
iPhone 4 has just arrived, and now having to wait for the box to thaw out as its freezing outside, and I don't want the thing to steam up, and red the water sensor paper.

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
It sure has, and I have been enjoying ever since opening it, and as its my very first iphone, Im having a hard time putting it down hence the lack of posts lol.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
A couple of things. First, there is no lip on the black iPhone screen like the one on your white one. The home button white is quite a bit whiter compared to the glass. Finally, how did that company get those oem parts? Is there a massive leak somewhere?

Either way, I still think the white iPhone is hideous.

It has the lip, you simply can't see it because of the contrast. I can see the lip on my black iPhone 4 quite easily.

axxman

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It sure has, and I have been enjoying ever since opening it, and as its my very first iphone, Im having a hard time putting it down hence the lack of posts lol.
ahhh I understand now, ok well then good luck with it, I can recommend the "big app show" app for reviews on the best apps. and dropbox for online storage for free, as well as logmein, but that one costs a bit. I was a nokia, then blackberry addict but with ip4 they got me. I work on mw as well, I use the otterbox defender case to keep my ip4 looking new. good luck, i look forward to seeing the white one soon.

Reactions: Mickyfin

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods