Man. Kudos to you cuz I couldn't do it. But look at all u have to go through and what u have to pay for to get it to white. And most likely, more than half of these people wanting white will buy the iPhone 4gs or 5 (whatever it may be called) when it comes out.
    12-10-2010 07:20 PM
    I agree... But it's fun and cool. I'll mostly likely get my money back and put it up on eBay. Someone always ponies up and will pay the $650+ price to have it be white....... Capitalism..... Gotta love it. :P
    12-10-2010 07:28 PM
    Agree with what you are saying hence why I decided to buy a spare iPhone 4 frame with components, and start to build a spare iPhone from parts, making it a white version. Seeing as my black one is flawless with no issues at all, it would be crazy to strip that down to convert imo.
    12-11-2010 03:27 AM
    Sorry for the delay in getting the photos, and guide to you, what I ended up doing is blog about it, and detail it there. You can find all the information needed on the iPhone 4 White headphone jack replacement here..

White iPhone 4 Conversion Part 1 The Headphone Jack Guide | NokiaDNA

I have just swapped the black Dock Connector for a white one now too, and will put a guide together for this process, which is far easier to do that the headphone jack!

12-11-2010 09:05 AM
    Looks nice!
    12-11-2010 09:35 PM
    The one thing I dislike on the white iphone 4 glass is the circumference raised lip around the home button, this area on the black glass is smooth, and no lip.
    12-12-2010 02:35 AM
    Good step by step instructions. Can't wait to see the completed phone.
    12-12-2010 08:02 AM
    Pretty interesting! Great pictures btw. Pictures always help
    12-12-2010 11:58 PM
    I wish they would offer various colors.
    Same here! I would love a blue one, or even white, but apparently Apple can't release it until later?? Still not sure why
    12-14-2010 09:39 PM
    Props on the attention to detail, lol...that was alot of work to go through for such a minuet change, but it completes the "conversion", which i personally find pretty cool that one would go to that length to do it 100%. I don't think they even go that far when you pay the bigger bucks for the "professional" conversions you see around the web...
    12-16-2010 08:17 AM
    Indeed, thanks for the props! :-) Conversion around 90% done now, just waiting on my spare logic board to arrive end of the month.
    12-16-2010 10:18 AM
    Looks great. have fun.
    12-16-2010 01:45 PM
    Is it possible to get it too?
    12-16-2010 01:53 PM
    Hey everyone! Saw this thread and had to post my pics up! I'm semi-happy with my device, however, I consider myself very picky so I will be pulling it apart again.

A few of the issues I have with it are as follows:

The home button. It is must have been "off" from the factory. The actual "image" of the home button (under the plastic) isn't lined up completely when the home button is installed. It's obviously a defect in the home button I received. The seller agreed to send me another - no charge. (you can see it the best in the last pic, but like I said, it will be replaced soon)

There was no mesh in the ear speaker hole. In turn, I cut apart a piece of an earbud's covering exactly to size and fit in in there - it turned out real nice.

I pulled the flash diffuser off the glass because it didn't look *perfect* lol. It still works fine and for the few times I've used the flash - it comes out just fine. I couldn't find a seller to buy the headphone jack and dock connector from so I didn't swap them out.

Overall the process was very intricate in detail but turned out beautifully. Also, please keep in mind, I have a full BodyGuardz protector on the phone - that's why it doesn't look quite as nice. I also didn't have good lighting so I used the flash to take these pics (yuck, I know) - hopefully I can get some real nice quality pics up soon.

One more piece of advice - follow iFixit's "Home Button Replacement" tutorial step by step - making sure you tape the screws to the pages (next to the appropriate step) so you don't lose them and you MAKE SURE they go back in the same holes!! It's very important as there are quite a few different sizes!

Cheers and please ask any questions!!

12-17-2010 05:36 PM
    Congrats on your conversion. I take it your parts were also from iphonefixed.co.uk?

Is your front facing camera in the center of the hole, or is it slightly off center.? Mine is the latter.
    12-18-2010 01:40 AM
    No I actually bought my parts piece by piece from a Chinese supplier. I was relatively unhappy with their service and help through the process so I've now been dealing with a supplier here in the states (New York, to be precise). They've been a big help and have been very honest with me as I'm doing the conversion for a friend of mine within the next week or two.

My front camera is centered in the middle of the hole. It's strange that your's does not line up properly - do you plan on taking it apart anytime soon?
    12-27-2010 08:33 AM
    Also, another issue I had which made this process a royal pain was that I did not have the 100% perfect sized screwdriver. I couldn't find a phillips-head small enough - even though everyone told me the size to buy I bought three different sizes and none of them worked. For the majority of the screws, I ended up using a flat-head, it worked well but I really had to take my time as to not strip them out.
    12-27-2010 08:41 AM
    You guys get much props, WOW I don't personally like the white jPhone but I think they still look sweet. I will be watching this thread for sure.
    12-27-2010 03:36 PM
    Sorry for the delay, I got my white headphone jack from here..

iPhone 4 Earphone Jack Power Volume Switch Flex Cable on eBay (end time 12-Feb-11 14:21:11 GMT)

And my white dock connector from here..

OEM iPhone 4 4G Dock Connector Charger Flex Cable White on eBay (end time 04-Mar-11 08:00:10 GMT)

My conversion has now been completed.

Everything is working 100% as it should, and the fit is perfect. The screen is NOT offset, but perfectly aligned too. Proximity sensor works correctly, so too does the ambient light sensor, vibrate, everything, even the camera works great with the flash, no leakage due to me shielding the back with pvc tape.. Here's a few photos.

White headphone jack...

White dock connector...

02-04-2011 01:01 AM
    Sorry I have a quick question, when you said you shielded the back with pvc tapepvc tape what exactly do you mean?

I just ordered a white iPhone conversion kit and it'd really appreciate it if you could explain what you meant and if you could tell me exactly how I can do this myself I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    02-10-2011 03:29 AM
    Basically the area around the flash and camera holes I layered with black pvc tape to stop the flash bleeding.
    02-10-2011 04:20 AM
    Very nice! My luck I would mess up my phone if I tried this. Looks good.
    02-10-2011 10:40 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD