Iphone 4 - Jailbreak or not?

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Did you have some strange idea that 4.2 was going to be more than just the SMS/MMS tone update? Did you bother to read any of the threads about the 4.2 GM edition and the preview of what exactly was included in the update? What exactly were you expecting to change in the "OS load" as you called it? Apple says "Improved performance" in every update because they include various streamlining updates with every OS update...

As far as your question about jailbreaking and "what does it do", do some homework there bud, a loaded question if there ever was one.

Sorry thought this was a forum where we could discuss what other users have experieinced with jail breaking.

Ive been reading the various threads about jailbreaking but I just want to see what the likes and dislikes are.

I did read the Apple release of what the iOS included on the new update.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry thought this was a forum where we could discuss what other users have experieinced with jail breaking.

Ive been reading the various threads about jailbreaking but I just want to see what the likes and dislikes are.

I did read the Apple release of what the iOS included on the new update.

So after reading the release you were some how surprised that there wasnt some incredible performance enhancement in the operating system of the phone? What release did YOU read?

As far as your first retort, sure...you can discuss jailbreak stuff, but since you want to be a smarta*s about it, i'll point out that the forum has a sub forum for jailbreak discussions, since you apparently missed that.

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
No, no, no... I dont jailbreak my iPhone. There isnt something special for me. I'm tired jailbreak long time ago ( 1st Gen iPhone, 3G since FW 1.0.2).

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So after reading the release you were some how surprised that there wasnt some incredible performance enhancement in the operating system of the phone? What release did YOU read?

As far as your first retort, sure...you can discuss jailbreak stuff, but since you want to be a smarta*s about it, i'll point out that the forum has a sub forum for jailbreak discussions, since you apparently missed that.

Dude - WTF pissed in your cereal this morning? :)

The release I read was this: Apple - iOS 4.2 Software Update

Like I said I didn't expect an overhaul completely I just thought it would be neat to see the latest greatest but everyone talks about how awesome jail breaking is.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The point was that there was no mention of an overhaul on the OS performance so i was simply asking you what you were expecting out of the update, your comment made it seem like you expected the world to change after the 4.2 update, but it was WIDELY discussed that the update was primarily for the iPad, NOT the iPhone, but they included a few little toys so that people would want to update, and cause chaos to the jailbreaking crews out there (though it really didnt).

So i was confused as to why someone would expect anything major for the iPhone out of this update, which is why i asked you initially. At that point you decided to point out this was a forum for discussion, and since you apparently had it all figured out, i thought id refer you to the jailbreak forum for further discussion on your (lol) detailed question "What does a jailbreak do exactly?"

Thanks for playing.

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The point was that there was no mention of an overhaul on the OS performance so i was simply asking you what you were expecting out of the update, your comment made it seem like you expected the world to change after the 4.2 update, but it was WIDELY discussed that the update was primarily for the iPad, NOT the iPhone, but they included a few little toys so that people would want to update, and cause chaos to the jailbreaking crews out there (though it really didnt).

So i was confused as to why someone would expect anything major for the iPhone out of this update, which is why i asked you initially. At that point you decided to point out this was a forum for discussion, and since you apparently had it all figured out, i thought id refer you to the jailbreak forum for further discussion on your (lol) detailed question "What does a jailbreak do exactly?"

Thanks for playing.

:).. Maybe my statement was taken out of context. I didn't really expect the world from 4.2 update. I just wanted to see what bells and whistles I would see visually. You know they can put whatever they want on the site, but until you see it and play with it you don't get a true feel.

I guess thats why I was asking about Jailbreaking to see what people liked or disliked.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Which is why i pointed out that your question was not only a loaded question, but also, in the wrong forum for discussion (both because it floods this room with JB questions AND because your questions are better answered on the JB side of the fence).

I was also confused what performance issues you were point out with the iOS? You stated you have an iPhone 4, what issues are you having? Besides the proxy sensor thing people were complaining about, today alone after doing the update, ive noticed that problem less than i did before, so perhaps there was a fix in that. Otherwise, what needs to be updated on the OS?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On the main page of TiPb is a great 4.2 walkthrough complete with video. I'd start there.

In the jailbreak forum are tons of threads debating the pros and cons of jailbreaking, along with what - specifically - people like/dislike, and why they do it. Sean may have been a bit, um, brusque, in his response, but he was right, all the information you want is here on TiPb for the searching.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I tend to be brash...comes from being in the military and also being a cop. I'm extremely bored today on a patrol where im basically sitting in my car for 10 hours so perhaps you got a bit of that too.

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I tend to be brash...comes from being in the military and also being a cop. I'm extremely bored today on a patrol where im basically sitting in my car for 10 hours so perhaps you got a bit of that too.

LMAO.. Dude go pull someone over and give them a ticket or something if it makes you feel better :)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I'll keep my IP4 legit. Not really into costomizing da phone. Plus I'd rather not have to deal with the constant cat and mouse game you gotta play with apple to JB. There are other issues too such as battery life drain, apps crashing, and iOS freezing up. I just want a device that works without me having to bother or fiddle with it. So, for me, jailbreak is a bust.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep my IP4 legit. Not really into costomizing da phone. Plus I'd rather not have to deal with the constant cat and mouse game you gotta play with apple to JB. There are other issues too such as battery life drain, apps crashing, and iOS freezing up. I just want a device that works without me having to bother or fiddle with it. So, for me, jailbreak is a bust.

as a new ip user this was exactly what i thought and from what i read kinda confirmed for me not to jb.

But i wanted to only change the sounds for new mail so i did JB and added sbsettings notifier app and a few other mods... i cannot live without a jb ip now. I have had zero issues with battery draining or apps crashing.

I had one issue with springboard and i found it was an app i was using removed it and i am good to go.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I started a thread in the JB section where alot of the Team Jailbreak peeps weighed in and defended their stance on JBing. You should read through and get some good insight.

Batting1000

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I loved te way the iPhone was before but now I can tweak it to just how I like it. That's the beauty, you can do as much or as little as you want to it when jailbroken.

This is exactly it. You can do as much or as little as you want. There's a tweak for pretty much everything that's "wrong" with the iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The funny part about most anti-JB proponents is how little they actually understand about JB'ing to begin with, for instance, the fact that after a jailbreak, outside of a cydia app on your phone, everything is almost identical to the way it was before JB'ing...lol. People tend to read too much into the negative of things and assume that is all a jailbreak does is mess everything up. You could literally jailbreak a phone and have the EXACT same phone as you did before, with ZERO changes if you wanted to...but because some dim wit somewhere downloaded illegal apps and bricked his iPhone, a big group has formed against jailbreaking.

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Sean you are right and unfortunately not only is it like that in the JB world but life in general

we all do it to some degree. i try to not judge so quickly and investigate as much as possible but it doesn't help when there are idiots everywhere

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner